More trouble for NYST?

jfmgsxr750

opinion914;299606 wrote: Perfect example why NYST should stay open; to keep this fool off the streets as much as possible. :flipoff: If we presented it to the neighbors something like this: You can either have John on the track in a controlled environment or you can close NYST and have John terrorizing you on the streets; I'm sure those opposing the track would come around, and even welcome us w/ open arms.

Hi John ;)

I agree 100%, keep me and the Crash Crew off the mountain roads as much as possible, LMAO...:agree:

What's up Kev, see ya sometime this year!

Davidv1388

typical small group of grumpy upstate New Yorkers that hate people from the "outside" and never seen anything in the world outside of their front lawn. I say they can't do sh*t and can go suck it. Round up that group and fly them in the wilderness of Alaska if they want silence and isolation.

sv650

Kendall
Their facebook page says "We'll now be having official NYST bikes this season!"

Rental bikes are cool, but I wonder if they're all going to be 250cc...

NYST - New York Safety Track John Salerno, TPM hasn't confirmed any dates with us but we'll still be running awesome events with Tonys Track Days, NESBA, and our Member Days. Some of the things that were written about us aren't even close to exactly what's going on and all taken out of context. But just so you know, the 2014 season will be bigger and better than the 2013 season so we can't wait to see you here!

February 3 at 12:01pm · Like · 5
Check out NYST facebook page to get the TRUTH about the 2014 track season, you will feel better about the odds of riding a full season.

nokturnal

I've heard so much about this track. Really wanted to try it this year (first int'l trackday!!). Hopefully they pull through!

sv650

Kendall
scotman623;299873 wrote:
Check out NYST facebook page to get the TRUTH about the 2014 track season, you will feel better about the odds of riding a full season.
I got my NESBA season pass so I'm banking on the NYST dates coming through. I guess legal problems are expected with a new track, as long as they let me keep running up wheelie hill I'll be happy!

pistol

I plan on doing a double this year, went last year and drove in the rain for 3 hours. The track is nice with the elevation and hard lefts

Sideshow Bob

We're probably not going to know for sure until the first trackday. I sure hope everything is ok, I've got 5/3 booked, and I love that place.

windblown

Having grown up 5 miles outside of Washington DC and having now lived in what some would call a "Backwoods" area of VA for over 25 years I can assure you that no one should dismiss the concerns of the "backwoods" locals opposed to this track. Sounds like they are pissed off about high-roller outsiders invading what they see as their turf and they are pissed off at the local powers that be for making a deal behind closed doors without a chance to be heard. No one likes to be marginalized, it's a slap in the face.

Folks will fight hard to protect a way of life and it doesn't matter to them if outsiders don't understand it or worse yet, look down on them for it. They don't care if the local gas station sells more gas and they don't care if the bar sells more beer, and they surely don't care if the road gets paved. What they do care about is their way of living and any perceived threat to that is viewed harshly.

Hearts and minds are what need to be won over here if that's at all possible. I wish the track folks the best with all of it. I'd like to come ride it some day.