Motards

Mike Moore

Effective 4/23/2010

Motards (twins and singles) greater than 500cc are OK at all venues.

Motards less than 500cc are only permitted at Jefferson

singh

How about dropping it to 450? :cool:

Lots of Sumo's around that are 450 CC,,,, I would upgrade my 250 to a 450, if you guys would allow that! :)

ridelater

this topic has been beaten to death already, jst do a search on the matter. personally i fear blowing the motor on a 450 if you try running it on any big track. i blew the motor on a 250 at jefferson once. you would need to gear it down to something like 36 in the rear if i recall. i ran my ktm 525 at several td had a blast at jefferson, and even beaver, but on lightning/njmp i had to bring it in, i was ringing its neck completely had to chop the throttle on the strait. I know wera has a class for them i think, not sure how many hrs they got out of a motor b4 a rebuild. Those motors were never ment to be run wide open like that. i ran the esmra series ( http://www.esmra.com/ ) and even there the straits was alot for those motors. also nesba was quick to ban them and never seem to like them on track. when i brought my bike to a beaver date years ago they busted my balls the min. i put it on track.

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
My Aprilia Dorsoduro SMV 750 twin was rung out down Summit Main to turn 1.....all of 10,500 rpm chopping the throttle. I recently went down 2T on the rear, but got a sportbike for these tracks and will keep the Dorso for Patriot and Jefferson

TLR67

Evil Cupcake;228267 wrote: My Aprilia Dorsoduro SMV 750 twin was rung out down Summit Main to turn 1.....all of 10,500 rpm chopping the throttle. I recently went down 2T on the rear, but got a sportbike for these tracks and will keep the Dorso for Patriot and Jefferson

I wouldnt classify that as a Tard.... A SXV yes but not a Dorsoduro...