MotoAmerica Comming to PIRC

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Yup. Talked to PittRace yesterday. They are reportedly still working out the details of the contract for the event.

ar556

Saw this a couple days ago. Also heard rumor that they were after N2's weekend for the event. Does this mean N2 won't be at PIRC in August next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdelegram

Control Rider
Saw this a couple days ago. Also heard rumor that they were after N2's weekend for the event. Does this mean N2 won't be at PIRC in August next year?

That begs the question, when is it too soon to ask for the 2017 schedule?

ar556

Also curious how they plan to handle all the spectators with no grandstands or any other real seating or spectator areas currently set up.

mpusch

Micah
Also curious how they plan to handle all the spectators with no grandstands or any other real seating or spectator areas currently set up.

Not sure, but if you look at the work they've done over the past couple years, they're definitely doing things the right way.

I'm probably more excited about this than I should be. It's been so fun watching my home track constantly improving and finally getting onto the national scene.

ar556

Not sure, but if you look at the work they've done over the past couple years, they're definitely doing things the right way.

I'm probably more excited about this than I should be. It's been so fun watching my home track constantly improving and finally getting onto the national scene.

Oh, I agree for sure. The repaving of the north track for next year is going to be awesome too.

I'll be attending the race weekend no doubt, my only (selfish) concern is - will I lose out on a track day weekend because of it. It's my home track too, ~40 minutes away, and I'm looking for MORE days to get on it, lol.

tdelegram

Control Rider
They are replaving the entire track, north is being redone because of the sealer and that it didn't meet the paving guarantee. As an FYI summit main will also get a full replace in April next year.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Grandstands will not be an issue... in the grand scheme of what's been done so far and currently underway, stands are a rounding error in this equation.

I love all the suspense, can't wait to see how it all unfolds!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President

With the hillsides there they don't need grandstands. Bring a blanket or a folding chair.

The same as Barber and most sections of Laguna and Atlanta. They use the topology to their advantage.

NJMP had grandstands because it's a mostly flat layout by comparison.

mpusch

Micah
They are replaving the entire track, north is being redone because of the sealer and that it didn't meet the paving guarantee. As an FYI summit main will also get a full replace in April next year.

I'm guessing you meant south right? Wow. So that IS happening.