MotoAmerica lap times at Pitt Race....Place your bets!!

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
So with MotoAmerica racing at Pitt Race next year, CJ Laroche and myself have a little wager as to what the lap times are going to be like. Current lap record for a 1000 is 1:43.2 and for a 600 its 1:48.0
I believe the the 1000s are going to be in the 39 range and the 600s in the 43 range.

What do you think?

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Who set those records ?

And I'll Bet.... You, CJ, and I will battle for a top 15 spot.

:)
Taylor Knapp set the 1k record, Blasious (sp) set the 600 record CJ was .1 off and I was .3 off.
You and CJ will be up there, I'll be in the back taking notes on how it's done.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Knapp is fast...everywhere. You also have to put into consideration the new repave of the old section, I think that is going to be huge for everyone. I bet the repave alone will drop everyone's time by 1-2 seconds. I'm sadistically kind of bummed about that, because I made up a lot of ground on the old section.

Liter bikes: Mid to high 37's on Qualifying tire, probably 38s-39's during race.
600's: High 42s-43s qualifying, running consistent 44's-45's

mpusch

Micah
Watching Knapp put down a :43 blew my mind. Any faster than that would be crazy, though that's a good point about the repave.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Knapp is fast...everywhere. You also have to put into consideration the new repave of the old section, I think that is going to be huge for everyone. I bet the repave alone will drop everyone's time by 1-2 seconds. I'm sadistically kind of bummed about that, because I made up a lot of ground on the old section.

Liter bikes: Mid to high 37's on Qualifying tire, probably 38s-39's during race.
600's: High 42s-43s qualifying, running consistent 44's-45's

Forgot about qualifying tires on the superbikes so yeah they might go a bit faster but man, anything under 39 just seems difficult even for the pros.
The old pavement doesn't really bother me much, and I don't think the lap times will drop that much, maybe a half second to a second max.

Watching Knapp put down a :43 blew my mind. Any faster than that would be crazy, though that's a good point about the repave.

Knapp is fast, I was there too and honestly it didn't look like he was pushing much. He goes much faster when he has a tow, just look at what he did earlier this year at Barber while getting a tow from Cam. To me, he didn't look like he was really pushing that hard.
I would bet that the top running motoamerica guys wouldn't be bothered much by the bumps.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Forgot about qualifying tires on the superbikes so yeah they might go a bit faster but man, anything under 39 just seems difficult even for the pros.
The old pavement doesn't really bother me much, and I don't think the lap times will drop that much, maybe a half second to a second max.

We'll see. I'd bet you a fat, juicy cheeseburger on the times...but I know you "started" your diet... :D

ekraft84

Taylor pushed, but he did it without the softer SC0 Pirelli (we ran the SC1). There's more there, but Taylor always looks smooth and "not pushing" - which is frustrating at times! Watching the on-board video of the lap, he's on the gas once he's in the lead - and I'm not sure there's a ton left, without chasing someone or being on a softer/Q tire.

Without a repave, I'd guess somewhere in the 1:41 range on a 1000 (1.5 seconds faster or so). With the repave, I think a 1:39 is attainable. Wide open from the old T7 to the braking zone - and then WOT again into T1, is significant. I remember looking at my old data on the original course and the key to 57's lied in those two sections.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Taylor pushed, but he did it without the softer SC0 Pirelli (we ran the SC1). There's more there, but Taylor always looks smooth and "not pushing" - which is frustrating at times! Watching the on-board video of the lap, he's on the gas once he's in the lead - and I'm not sure there's a ton left, without chasing someone or being on a softer/Q tire.

Without a repave, I'd guess somewhere in the 1:41 range on a 1000 (1.5 seconds faster or so). With the repave, I think a 1:39 is attainable. Wide open from the old T7 to the braking zone - and then WOT again into T1, is significant. I remember looking at my old data on the original course and the key to 57's lied in those two sections.

Where's the video?

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
you still owe me from the bet we made last year on the endurance race...

Randy made that bet...he came by our pit and told me and I told him he was an idiot and it was "all him" to follow through. But if you wanna see him in his undies...have at it big boy!

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Randy made that bet...he came by our pit and told me and I told him he was an idiot and it was "all him" to follow through. But if you wanna see him in his undies...have at it big boy!

Randy is one sexy MoFo, but you win as a team you lose as a team.... now suck it up big boy!