MotoAmerica lap times at Pitt Race....Place your bets!!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
When Taylor did the 1:43, he was on someone else's bike. I think best Superbike riders on their own bikes are going to be right at a 1:37 flat during qualifying. Mid 1:38's for the race. I feel the best 600 guys will be closer to a 1:41 flat during qualifying. Closer to 1:43's during their race. Only time will tell.

ekraft84

When Taylor did the 1:43, he was on someone else's bike. I think best Superbike riders on their own bikes are going to be right at a 1:37 flat during qualifying. Mid 1:38's for the race. I feel the best 600 guys will be closer to a 1:41 flat during qualifying. Closer to 1:43's during their race. Only time will tell.

He was. FWIW, it was very similar to both R1's he had been on this year. The Westby crew has been quite a help in getting our bike setup similar to theirs. Real good guys over there.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
I won't be suprised to see 1:38 on the Superbikes and I think low 1:40 on the 600. But the replave has a lot to do with this. How long can the big bikes be on the throttle.

600 and 1000 times were very very close with liter bikes about 1 second faster on the old course. and I think the same holds true on the full course.

I've traditionally been about 107 %ish of the fastest qualifier at motoamerica and I could do a 1:45 at pittrace so you do the math.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I won't be suprised to see 1:38 on the Superbikes and I think low 1:40 on the 600. But the replave has a lot to do with this. How long can the big bikes be on the throttle.

600 and 1000 times were very very close with liter bikes about 1 second faster on the old course. and I think the same holds true on the full course.

I've traditionally been about 107 %ish of the fastest qualifier at motoamerica and I could do a 1:45 at pittrace so you do the math.

Brad,

It might be time to change your screen name to something a little more current so I thought I would throw a couple out for you:
PittsburghNinja
KeystoneKawi
Maybe something from the past "BlueNinja"

I am sure others might weigh in with suggestions too.

ekraft84

Brad,

It might be time to change your screen name to something a little more current so I thought I would throw a couple out for you:
PittsburghNinja
KeystoneKawi
Maybe something from the past "BlueNinja"

I am sure others might weigh in with suggestions too.

KawasakiRobinHood
RobinofLoxley
UrbanOutlaw
SirRobinKawasaki

etc. etc.

:D

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
Lmao, guess I better figure out how to change it before an admin catches on to this thread.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I just talked to them about something else.

The South Track isn't really being touched, other than perhaps some maintenance.

The North (old) track has already been started. Two base layers are already laid. The next step is to put down the rest of the top surfaces, for which temperature is critical. They are expecting to do this in April. Rain is really not an issue, but it all depends on outside temps. Evolve has an event scheduled for the end of April which is somewhat "TBD" pending progress due to weather. The N2 weekend in mid May will be fine unless there is some major catastrophe.

mpusch

Micah
Huh, I thought they were redoing all of South as well due to manufacturing flaws or something (connected to having to put the tar snakes down).

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Nope - according to them, the South track doesn't need anything. That doesn't surprise me. I wasn't under the impression that they were surfacing the entire thing. There were manufacturing problems with the cart track surface - that's a different story.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
The sealer hasn't bothered me as much as the slick curbing.... Turn 4 bit me at the end of last year. All it takes is an inch or so too tight, and whoops!