MotoAmerica lap times at Pitt Race....Place your bets!!

SinisterBabo

Bumblebee
They're knocking on the door to 39s -- 40.21 by Beaubier in P3
Debise broke 42 into the high 41s in P2

Are you guys tracking via MotoAmerica's website or something else?

HavocCat

Chris
JlyrkJo.jpg

Was someone talking about slippery curbing and well ventilated shirts?

Those times are insane. I can't wait to get out there and see what the new surface is like on the North.

Also to add to the rain discussion, last year when riding on full rains, the North track felt great. When you got on to that sealer on the South track forget it though.
I'm slow enough in the dry, I felt like an octagenarian with ankle weights on that south section in the wet.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I didn't expect it, but this might be the track where a Superstock rider could win. Matthew Scholtz is knocking on the 1:38 door. This might be like a Moto2 race with 8 guys battling for the win!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
When Taylor did the 1:43, he was on someone else's bike. I think best Superbike riders on their own bikes are going to be right at a 1:37 flat during qualifying. Mid 1:38's for the race. I feel the best 600 guys will be closer to a 1:41 flat during qualifying. Closer to 1:43's during their race. Only time will tell.

I was pretty close back on December 9th. I think the factory boys will be a little better come August. But Matthew Scholtz is the man of the hour!

Motul Superbike/Bazzaz Superstock 1000 Test Session Eight Results (all on Dunlop tires):

1. Mathew Scholtz (Yam YZF-R1), Superstock 1000, 1:38.588

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Bet they knock another 2 or 3 seconds off in August. This was just a tire test...come race weekend, Factory bikes will really let it fly.