moved to mid-atlantic area from so-cal....

phd12volt

used to ride with fastrackriders out of so-cal. Do i still need to do the required first track day ride?? just curious. I rode at streets of willow mostly.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Not sure what the first track day ride entials, but when you sign up you have the choice of Beginner or Intermediate. You can not sign up in Advanced without an expert license. If your riding skill is adequate you will get bumped to the next class regardless of where you start.

Beginner allows passing in the straights
Intermediate allows outside passing
Advanced try not to trade paint

Rick Johnson

Heard about a guy going from B to A in the same day.The CR's will put you in the group they think you should be in.Start in B and go from there.B group here gets up to a pretty decent pace as the day goes on.

rk97

perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but I believe the OP thinks he has to do an INTRO day before riding a full day.

not the case. Just sign up in "B" and go. Now that you've moved to a new part of the country, you're lucky enough to have all new (to you) tracks. "B" should actually accommodate that really well, and if you're lighting it up, you won't be in "B" long.

i saw a guy at beaveRun turning 1:04's in "B" group 2nd or 3rd session (I consider 1:10 to be a fast-ish "B" time on that track). He was in "I" before lunch.

Blaise

Welcome to the area!

My understanding is that you can either sign up for B or I group without any previous nesba experience.

rk97

^ Blaise, sshhhhh! you're making "I" spots fill up faster, lol. It's bad enough that you're going to have to put up with me again next year ;-)

phd12volt

i had heard through some people that the INTRO day was mandatory..........but i am all straightened out now. B it is.................is it spring yet?

phd12volt

Streets of Willow 1.8 mile course

1:52.522 was practice lap
1:43.356 first session
1:43.207 second session
1:43.659 third session
1:41.118 fourth session
1:41.649 fifth session

advanced were running at the quickest 1:30 ish, just trying to stay in a group that have like speeds for the safety of everone involved. :D