Must be the time for new members

Shaun Kanouff

Hi everyone my name is Shaun and I am from Central(ish) Pa. I have been riding pretty steady for about 8 years now and am really excited to get out and try my first track day. I currently ride a CBR600RR and absolutely love it and can't wait to learn more about her on the race track. My goal is to become a better rider overall and be able to find out some of what the bike can do without endangering someone on the road or costing me my license. I hope to learn a lot from you all and look forward to maybe meeting some members who wouldn't mind helping a newbie out with their first summer on the track. Any advice would be appreciated and I hope to help out some other new people someday hopefully.

bmart

Control Rider
You've landed in the right place! Welcome. Ask any specific question that you might have. The coaches and members will be happy to chime in. I stay in the SouthEast and hope to see at some of my local tracks.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Welcome aboard Shaun! Get ready to have the time of your life! Your going to love it! Ask anything and I'm sure someone will chime in and give you a good answer! (Judy);)

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
Welcome to N2 Shaun!
You are gonna love the entire track day experience for sure. Definitly read through the riders manual to give yourself a better idea of what to expect!

Shaun Kanouff

I have read through the manual twice now I believe and am just trying to decide when to schedule my first day! The only thing I didn't notice in the manual I read from other places was about noise. This has me slightly concerned as the previous owner of my baby put a two brothers can on that is really loud with no baffle. I am think this might be the excuse to get the can I want from the wife!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Shaun! I usually suggest reading the manual, glad to see you've already done that (twice, no less! ;)). Thanks!
If the can isn't a straight pipe, it may be ok. Some tracks do have decibel limits, but off-hand, I don't think the ones I've run the most do (NJMP, PittRace, Summit). Still, loud as hell isn't a lot of fun! If you don't already on the street, wear earplugs (even if you change your exhaust, lol).
You'll learn a lot, and meet a lot of really cool folks!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Everybody gets anxious about their first time on the track. We dedicate a few CRs to first timers for that very reason, just to get past that barrier. By the end of the day you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. Ask question here about what to do for your first day and don't be afraid to ask for help in the paddock.

2blueyam

I don't think the tracks near you (Summit, NJMP and Pitt Race) have decibel limits for motorcycle track days as far as I know. My R1 is fairly wide open and I have been on track with some really loud big twins that no one seemed to have issues with. I doubt your 600 will cause any issues on that front.

Welcome! Feel free to stop by the black Touareg TDI, Silver trailer and blue R1 pit any time you have questions or just want to chat.

Welcome Shaun, you sir, have chosen wisely. The people here are really great. The control riders are awesome, listen to what they suggest and you will be amazed by how much they will help you become a better rider. Peace

Shaun Kanouff

I know for my first one it will probably be Pitt Race as I believe it is the closest to where I live. After a few runs I will probably explore other tracks but transportation is a concern for places further as I don't own a truck or anything that can really tow right now.

YOLOrider87

Few runs....then slowly it starts to become an addiction. lol I didn't have nothing to tow with last year and found myself networking to get my bike hauled or renting a pickup truck. I purchased a hitch mounted trailer where I was able to load my CBR onto the back of my Honda pilot and it worked just fine in order to cut down on costs since I wanted to spend my money on track days and not a trailer. It was pretty inexpensive and got the job done...just an idea. If you have a hitch in the back of your vehicle I'll be more than happy to give it to you since I no longer have any use for it and purchased a pickup truck. I am coming up to Pitt Race for the 2 day weekend 5/19-5/20 if you make it down and still need it let me know.

Shaun Kanouff

I appreciate that and will keep it in mind. I am debating throwing a hitch on my lancer I need to double check tow specs for when this does become an addiction.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Haha, you said "when" it becomes an addiction. It already has, lol.
If you're at the May 19/20 PittRace, look me up. Red F150, silver 7x14 dual axle cargo trailer, 2007 gsxr -black with red flames, #75