MW Schedule

Nesba

NESBA Mid-West Member,

After heavy consideration, NESBA has announced that it will be suspending operations in the Midwest region for the 2012 track season. There are several factors that lead to this outcome: less than ideal attendance at Midwest track events, unfortunate cancellations due to weather the prior season, and further difficulty negotiating the terms of track rental and securing reasonable dates for this region.

NESBA recognizes this will come as a major disappointment to many of its members, especially those most affected. It must be stated that NESBA did not arrive at this decision easily. It just did not make sense to us to continue to operate with 1-2 events per facility, i felt it wouldn’t serve our valued member base affectively.

As we enter the 2012 season, NESBA will continue to solidify the track event schedule in all of its regions and adding new events that make sense for the organization and its members at every opportunity.

We are hopeful that the future will afford us the opportunity to be blessed with a Mid-West schedule.

Respectfully,

Bob Blandford
President
NESBA

Germany

so are there going to be refunds for the credit that is in the account? I hardly doubt there will be a nesba event at a place I want to go, so i rather have my pennys back... which could have made some interrest...

yes I am not happy...

Drintense

Damn. Looks like I picked a hell of a time to stop sniffing glue...

Really enjoyed my first season with NESBA & Nesbians. Big downer.

denbsteph

I hate it for you guys, I really do. lets hope this does not have a trickle effect to the SouthEast and beyond.

iamnotgreg

I realize the schedule was really thin but to cancel the entire season?

I wonder how much of this has to do with half the MW tracks signing exclusive agreements with STT. That's a bunch of anti-competitive crap right there.

joyride

I think a thin schedule is better than just handing over your customers to STT. I'm not saying STT is a bad track day org. Nesba WAS, in my opinion, just better.

phkz24

:confused: guess i'll find another org to ride with for now. maybe in the future NESBA MW can have a go of it again.

Nexus

Can I have a refund on my membership? I only joined in December to ride Blackhawk with NESBA. Since the entire midwest is canceled I will be requesting a refund.

Tony25

First Mid Central and now Mid West. Awesome, your trickle down effect has already moved onto the next stage. I'd like a refund on my credits as well!

ride_hard

iamnotgreg;228336 wrote: I realize the schedule was really thin but to cancel the entire season?

I wonder how much of this has to do with half the MW tracks signing exclusive agreements with STT. That's a bunch of anti-competitive crap right there.

Are you sure? I heard STT pulled out of bhf too. And bhf pretty much is the Midwest schedule.

iamnotgreg

ride_hard;228342 wrote: Are you sure? I heard STT pulled out of bhf too. And bhf pretty much is the Midwest schedule.
I don't know about that. I was referring to them locking up ACC, Grattan and I believe Gingerman with exclusive STT only deals. NESBA ended up basically being the other Blackhawk org (since MotoVid seems to at least some level be the official org of BHF if I remember correctly they are even all over the BHF website pretty much listed as such)

NESBA MW seemed to be a lot of BHF days with a couple weekends away over the summer... Often at BHF those weekends too.

I really hope this isn't a permanent closure. :(

joyride

It does not look lie STT is doing BHF this year. Motovid and JOS Motorsports are having track days in addition to the WERA and CCS races.

Randal03r1

Control Rider
Nesba is still family to me, always will be.

I still will be riding this year. Just because I'm not wearing a orange shirt doesn't mean we can't still ride together. I also will be attending alot of Wera events this year. Racing my R6 and my new 08 SV650!! Vroom baby! I will be more than happy to turn a few laps with any of you guys. Looking forward to seeing you fools at the track.

PS. Track dog tuck and Dean are in Jennings FL right now, :banghead:

denbsteph

It's beginning to sound like a Hostile Corporation take over, some wall street stuff. I would like to hear some sort of press release or official statement on how NESBA is really holding together or falling apart. Then again, would you tell anybody you are going out of business?