My first attempt at video editing

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Diggin that widescreen.....may have to go with camera numero tres

what batteries are you using?? i bought off-brand 1200mAh (20 for $70 with charger)...considering the price of duracells and energizer, I thought that was a good deal..plus i got a 10 AAA battery charger (could only find the 2 AAA charger for duracell)

anyways, not sure how well they work..but i had some issues with my gopro

Katie785

the regular batteries didnt work, once we used lithium it was fine - would last a few essions. The regular ones would die mid session

lemondrop

right right...i have the 1200mAh lithium batteries....but not sure if it was a defect in the camera or the batteries...i was wondering which brand ya use :notsure:

:)

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
This year was my first year using my POV and I had pretty good success using the Energizer 2450mAh AA batteries. I picked them up from Home Depot or something. If I charged them the night before, I could get an entire day of recording on 4 batteries. If they didn't get a full charge, well you get the idea. I can't tell you how many sessions I lost or things that happened on the track. Including a guy hitting a deer right in front of me. Well, the batteries were good on that one, I just forgot to hit the record button.

They now have upwards of 3000mAh batteries. I plan on picking up a set over the winter.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
That would explain things a little. There are not a lot of options out there above 1000mAh for AAA's. You'll just have to keep a few more on hand than me.

lemondrop

i think it is my charging style.....i spoke with a battery guru and apparently, these lithium batteries do not hold the charge well, so you have to charge them the night before....i usually charge them as soon as i get back and then take them off once i am done...so they may sit around for a few weeks prior to me using them again

Yank 521

Control Rider
nice job katie.. if u just had video of u and drew locked in your tent. that would end the video the right way..lol

Katie785

haha yeah yeah Gary!! Wait til next year!!! Drew will have the whole mechanic and crew there next year so I'll have some boredom to overcome during the day while they're doing their thing!!! MUAHAHAHAHA

Katie785

YES IT IS.. i'm going to try out a few CCS races too.. you in for that??? They're racing at NJMP and Wera isnt!

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Must resist urge to race. Man this off season crap sucks and you guys talking about racing is getting me all bummed. I wish I could do another season, but I may have to settle for cheering you guys and gal next season