My First Full A Day

beevan217

Looking back at my time with NESBA since 10/2006, I've learned a lot about this passion of ours. I've also learned a lot about myself, my friends, my abilities & limits. I say this to say that being "bumped" to "A", has been a rewarding experience for me. All of the help & information I received from the CR's, some of my friend's mainly Rude (Rasta) & Ant, my brother Austin has put me in the NESBA Advanced group. To some, that may not mean much for whatever their reasons are. To me, it means a lot because it shows ME that I applied that given information to my abilities & exceeded my self imposed limits while having some of the best if not THE best fun in my life around some great people that share this passion.

A few years earlier, Rasta told me after his first couple of days in A that it was like being in the B group again. I partly understood what he meant but, it took my first full day to truly understand & see for myself what he was talking about. For me, My first day was like being placed in the "B+" group. This is by no means a slap to or at my fellow NESBA members that ride in B. It is purely for me the best way to describe the brand new learning curve I have experienced so far. Let me elaborate......

In these very early days of riding in "A", I've been privy to see some very fast riders pass me as if I weren't even moving while trying to maintain a consistent pace, hold my lines & be as predictable as possible all while relaxing, absorbing information & having fun. Trying my best too not get caught up like a spectator as I get buzzed on the inside of turn 1, the entry to the chicane, & any of the other turns I was slapped around in, I found myself becoming more & more relaxed. The very first session, right out of the gate it was ON! Not for me....lol, the fast ones. I found myself doing my usual slow laps, getting my head wrapped around this new environment. I was also pumped because I was riding with 3 of my boys (Rasta, Rick211 & Ant) & added a new friend Allen. This to put it into perspective was a very good feeling. I've been riding with Rick for a couple of years in "I" but, I haven't ridden with Rasta or Ant for a few years now. This was the start of a brand new day of "school" so to speak. I saw that there are so many different lines to take, differing paces, saw that some riders brake hard & early while others wait to the last possible minute & brake hard & trail brake through the apex then hard on the gas. There was one rider in particular #511 big guy, red suit that stuck out in my mind. He FLEW past me as I was setting up my entry to turn 1 & next thing I know, he finally hits the brakes, turns & is gone. He then looks back at me approaching turn 2 & disappears into the chicane (I have it on video...lol):haha: *youtube user*: beeblewbyu

I did make some nice passes during the day, even some in the first session. Passed in places I've never passed before like between turns 1 & 2, on the inside of the left after the hill (some say turn 5 & a few others. I learned even more on how to setup a few riders on bigger bikes than I (07 R6) & was able to pass some in turns & one on the exit of the last turn under the bridge on the drive & was able to keep the rider behind me. These are some the things I've learned in my progression from B to A but, now it's at a faster pace. Everyone is fast now. While off the track, my friends & I discussed how I felt, how I looked & what I should work on. Having them with me on the track at the same time is a big help & learning tool. They've been in "A" for a couple of years like I said & have some valuable info to share.

Overall, I had a lot of fun, learned a lot & can't wait to get back out there to work on some of the things we spoke of. I hope there's something in this post that can help someone in some way. I just wanted to express how my first day was & how the learning never stops.

Ride safely all

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Barron, I've had the pleasure to be at the track with you on so many occasions. I've been in A for longer than you've been riding with Nesba. I have a special place in my heart for your group. I've had some of the best times when riding with Les out there. I can't say that I've ever been able to slash anyone's throat except for Les. Now that you and Rick are included in our group, the fun will only get better. I've spent a lot of laps being that rabbit for a number of advanced riders and getting some video of people to examine themselves (Matt, I promise to get to those videos soon.) Just say the word and we'll go out for some laps together.

Welcome to the Advanced group my friend!

beevan217

Jim,

Man, I watched you & Rude (I can't bring myself to call him Les ha) go at it for a couple of years & can't wait until I get to that type of pace to run with you guys. I still watch some of the vids of you 2 going at it. I'll be at NJMP 8/12 for the charity day, so will Rude. Hope we get to ride together soon. Thanks for the welcome.

erick1670

beevan217;142416 wrote: Thanks!
I did my first "A" day last Monday, I also felt like was back in "B" but at way faster pace and like you I got to make some passes at places that in the other groups would have to wait, but as the day went along I was going faster that ever went there, 3 seconds in averege per lap, that felt good.
I hade to cut my day 1 session sort b/c my rear tire was shot, bearly scape a highside.
The 1st & 2nd sessions I took it eazy, 3th session I pick up the pace so every body ells, that session is when I felt like was in "B", I was pass like 7 to 8 times at places that I dint spect, but I was able to keep up and learn from those faster guys.
I would say that my 5th & 6th session was my best, and each time that I was going around I was picking up time where other wise was loosing before, so that was great, cant wait for my next time out.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Barron,
I know I've seen you out there especially if you know Ant (super cool dude) He's been giving me advice as well, I guess it paid off for the both of us :D....In fact I saw him today. As for the "B" group feeling it's hard to believe I was in "B" group three months ago...I know what worked for me is keeping the focus, getting feedback from the CR's just about every session!! those guys really love what they do and are more than willing to assist you in improving your skills. Simply said those guys are awesome!!! and I'm looking forward to my full day in the "A" I'm sure there's much to be taught...see you guys in the paddock :cool:

Perlzuki

Congrats on the A bump Barron! I'm sure it was well deserved. Now the learnin begins. I remember the 1st time I met your group & thought , that a bunch of track junkies! It was the day Rude ( Les ) got bumped to A! He had a big ass grin on his face. Nothing like the well earned bump to A. Carry the sticker proudly & ride safe.

Mark
SE CR #249
-6 GSXR 1000&

dave433

Congrats on the bump! If you were riding Summit Main when the " BIG GUY " on bike #511 passed you, I believe that was Tim Bemisderfer. I was spectating on July 5 at main and watched him do high 14's. And he was playing :eek:

RICK211

Perlzuki;142441 wrote: Congrats on the A bump Barron! I'm sure it was well deserved. Now the learnin begins. I remember the 1st time I met your group & thought , that a bunch of track junkies! It was the day Rude ( Les ) got bumped to A! He had a big ass grin on his face. Nothing like the well earned bump to A. Carry the sticker proudly & ride safe.

Mark
SE CR #249
-6 GSXR 1000&
hey mark hows it going man , :agree: we are all junkies
hope you could be at vir in aug but there will be other time,
get well man n be back soon :adore:

beevan217

Perlzuki;142441 wrote: Congrats on the A bump Barron! I'm sure it was well deserved. Now the learnin begins. I remember the 1st time I met your group & thought , that a bunch of track junkies! It was the day Rude ( Les ) got bumped to A! He had a big ass grin on his face. Nothing like the well earned bump to A. Carry the sticker proudly & ride safe.

Mark
SE CR #249
-6 GSXR 1000&
Mark!!! Hey man, what's going on? Hope you're doing well. It's always a pleasure to see & hear from you. You've been towing us around down @ VIR for awhile now. Thanks for everything. I won't be at VIR this year but, glad to see you're posting up. Take care

beevan217

vinny337;142427 wrote: Barron,
I know I've seen you out there especially if you know Ant (super cool dude) He's been giving me advice as well, I guess it paid off for the both of us :D....In fact I saw him today. As for the "B" group feeling it's hard to believe I was in "B" group three months ago...I know what worked for me is keeping the focus, getting feedback from the CR's just about every session!! those guys really love what they do and are more than willing to assist you in improving your skills. Simply said those guys are awesome!!! and I'm looking forward to my full day in the "A" I'm sure there's much to be taught...see you guys in the paddock :cool:
Yeah, Ant is one of my boys. I saw you in one of his vids from a different orgs day. We also rode for a lil bit in "I". We'll get up on the track soon. Hitting The Bolt 8/12 with Rasta & my friend Mills. If you're there, I'll say what's up. CONGRATS on the bump man! Didn't know you were in "B" 3 months ago. NICE!!!

beevan217

dave433;142505 wrote: Congrats on the bump! If you were riding Summit Main when the " BIG GUY " on bike #511 passed you, I believe that was Tim Bemisderfer. I was spectating on July 5 at main and watched him do high 14's. And he was playing :eek:
Thanks, I got the bump at Main that weekend but, I saw "the big guy" at The Bolt last Monday 7/19. I heard whoever it was is an expert racer. Crazy fast! He also had a friend with him that was fast as well. Looked like he was on a BMW. Not sure, he wasn't around long enough for me to see....lol :wow:

beevan217

BigBird;142638 wrote: Nice Meeting you. Congrats again on the :a: bump, and I'll see you out there (well in the paddock :eek: )
What's up Vijay. Yeah man, good meeting you as well. See you on the 12th.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Tim Bemisderfer is a SUPER nice guy....When NESBA starts a football team..him and CR Tom "Shrek" Kaley are going to be the left side of the offensive line and we're going to run a Packer Power Left ground game that would make Vince Lombardi proud.

anyway..

Tims' raced some AMA Formula Extreme in the base when it was 1000cc bikes, some ASRA, and cleans up now and again at CCS and WERA weekends. He used to hold the lap record at Summit Point.

Tim's also had a kidney transplant..believe it or not..his wife was his match and ended up donating him a kidney.

His brother Bryan also races. He won a Formula USA V-Twins championship on a Buell earlier in this decade if my memory serves me correctly.

I've been watching them race at Summit since about 1994.

Yeah...I just decided to show my age.

Bee...congrats on the bump. Look forward to riding with you soon.