Names to rode to work today for the first time this year

jtsgsxr6

I rode in today, 49 when I left the house today, high of 72 for the day :)

Oh and two weeks till I get to leave for Thunderbolt :wow:

avizpls

#11-A
having had the door open yesterday evening, it was colder in my garage than it was outside.

Of course, having your bike sitting in the parking lot makes for a looong day at work.

mattf

You mean some people STOP riding in winter? What???

Get a beater DRZ. Add knobbies, heated grips and some Tusk oven mitts. Ride all winter.

winter09_2.jpg

Justin_H

Rode the Hayabusa to work today- let the wife deal with daycare. :)
Also rode it over to RNR Cycles to pick up some oil & filters for it and the track bike.
I've been looking for a beater dual purpose bike, but whenever a decent one is available for a reasonable price, I have no cash.

Justin

Gorecki

Justin_H;178009 wrote: Also rode it over to RNR Cycles to pick up some oil & filters for it and the track bike.
Dude! I work only ~20 miles away from there right off 495. If see a busa on the way out I'll wave like a mad man. :D

avizpls

#11-A
mattf;177970 wrote: You mean some people STOP riding in winter? What???

Get a beater DRZ. Add knobbies, heated grips and some Tusk oven mitts. Ride all winter.
GYEAH! Good effin idea, I thought. Now look...

KTM.jpg

Got this yesterday. 400CC for $1600? Couldnt pass it up.

Cant see it here, but it does have headlight and tailliught. No turn blinkers.

slowpoke

avizpls;180371 wrote: GYEAH! Good effin idea, I thought. Now look...

KTM.jpg

Got this yesterday. 400CC for $1600? Couldnt pass it up.

Cant see it here, but it does have headlight and tailliught. No turn blinkers.
SWEET!!! congrats man!

FlyingMonkey

You guys are spoiled :). I've been riding since March but its been in the teens & 20's in the mornings here. TGFT (thank God for Tourmaster). It just seems wrong to be riding down the highway with snowbanks on both sides but as long as its dry I'm on the bike.

Landshark

Control Rider
Lets see... strong wind, rain, pee gravel on tarmac and minivans with moms on cell phones... I'll stay in the F350.

FlyingMonkey

Troy you just discribed year round driving conditions in Wisconsin :D I'll give you the inattentive soccer moms but I see them all the time. I do draw the line at wet pavement when it’s cold & wind sucks anytime (just ask anyone who rode the Crud Run last weekend :banghead:). I hate riding on windy days! Depending on the weather we can ride 7-9 months out of the year here. You just need to take conditions in to consideration & realize that people aren’t looking for cycles in the spring. I like to assume that they never are or they are trying to hit them (not sure which). Call it spring fever but I like to get out as soon as I have grass from my workshop to my driveway. We had a lot of early season rain so the roads have been great.