NC Bike 10/07

SBK 108

Team N2, I just wanted to say what a wonderful time I had yesterday! Except for a few minor delays during the day, everything went extremely well. I hope nobody got hurt, other than their pride and wallet. Having not been on a bike for about 7 years, or a track in 35 years, I felt like I had ridden just last week. Working with my friend Badger Dog, to learn and refine skills, was great fun, and sharing knowledge is always gratifying. He has picked up 3 seconds over his last visit there. We reviewed videos today, and he has some new homework to focus on, next time out. I expect to see him lose another 3 seconds, or more, next time on the track.
Robbie, I wish we had been able to play around some more, but those few laps we had were tons of fun. I know you could tell I had a handful of loose grip all over the place, making it hard to hold a line, but I never felt the least bit worried, and I could tell you trusted me as much as I trusted you. It's always great to have that level of trust out on the track.
Again, thanks to everyone, and keep the shiny side up!
David Cheek

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
David, great to meet you. I'm glad you guys had a good time. I think we had 3 or 4 red flags all day Sat and they were mostly minor off's. With the help of the group they found the parts they needed to get back out there. Funny thing was Sunday was just about all rain and there were Zero crashes. We did 2 rounds of 30 min sessions before lunch (11:00-12:00) and then opened up the track after lunch. We had almost an hour after lunch of drying conditions and we got a ton of riding in and alot of one/one coaching. Just when people were saying that they were ripping up their rains, the big man upstairs said I got you covered......and made sure the conditions were perfect for rains....lol. Everyone had fun anyways.

As much as I hate the drive through Baltimore, DC, and Richmond, I always have a great time at NC Bike. See everyone at Barber!