NC Bike 6/3 - from lousy to freaking awesome!

BadgerDog

OK, my first track day ever is in the books, and yes, I'd say the hook has been set.

I just have to say, when my day started going down the toilet (by lunchtime, I'd ridden less than 20 miles), the N2 staff were able to recognize the situation and come up with a plan to make it better. Many thanks for that.
In the first couple of sessions, Tia had her hands full. Saddled with a group of newbies with widely varying skill levels, and a track full of overly aggressive riders hyped up on adrenaline and perhaps a desire to get bumped up, there were a number of close passes around turn 5 as well as down the front straight. She let us know after the second red flag that the situation was not normal, and she would be making the issues known.
After the lunch break with the added Novice group meeting, it was a different story. From whatever conversation took place among the CRs, you all came up with a plan and put it in motion. John, having me follow you for a session was just the thing to turn the day around for me. Tia was doing a great job, and I hope I get the chance to follow her again sometime (she's so damn smooth), but the group she was in charge of was like trying to herd cats through a field of alligators.
So every session after that just got better. By the seventh session, I was having an absolute blast. So I plan on being back. I hope that's a case of "Good to see you again" and not "Oh hell, he's back" but if you didn't want me to come back, then you shouldn't have made it so much fun. ;)

Many thanks!!

CBRtist

First off... congrats Tea for your bump to CR and being integral in turning this day around!:like:

Very glad to hear this was handled and faith was restored :) We're a great group, but sometimes there are variables that even a great staff can solve. Many spinning plates.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Lol......Yeah, morning Saturday was definitely not typical. We all looked at each other and kinda shook our heads. However, we have been faced with situations like this in the past so we knew what had to be done in order to fix the situation. That session you and I went out I could see the difference lap after lap. The relaxation was clear once we had some clear track to work on. We only had to move over once or twice to let some of the faster groups through. I could tell after just that one session that you would do well out there. Glad you had a good time. That's our goal.