NC Bike 9/19-9/20

bmart

Control Rider
We're inside of a week now. WOOT!

Looking forward to running at NC Bike again. Who's got some tips to share?

Weather looks as coooool as Fonzie (The Fonz). Pack an under layer top and bottom and a rain top to stop the heat from being wicked off of your core. Be sure to verify tires are up to temp as they'll get cooler every lap for much of both days. (<- this is a special note for turn 1 if we're going CCW!)

1600094444744.png

Shifty10

Control Rider
Loads of experiences from the guys at the races this weekend...but agree with your tire comment!

Beyond that, make sure you’re using those meatballs. When the guy who just set the lap record says he uses the meatballs, the rest of us might want to try it out.

See you all this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
We rode there in February once at about about 35 to 40 degrees and there was tons of grip. Just needed a lap to warm up the tires and it was game on mode.

bmart

Control Rider
George, it isn't you I'm worried about. lol I'm thinking Novice on litre bike hauling down the straight, then braking/turning for tight turn 1 CCW...

Hopefully we run counterclockwise! I enjoyed it back in June. ;)

Are spectators able to attend now a days? Planning on bringing the wife and two children and a small dog.

Thanks guys!

Kruizen

Control Rider
Hopefully we run counterclockwise! I enjoyed it back in June. ;)

Are spectators able to attend now a days? Planning on bringing the wife and two children and a small dog.

Thanks guys!

id say prob CCW is the new direction

turn 1 in colder temps isn’t an issue, it’s a trackday not a race. There is always a turn at the end of the straight, the only difference is how much you have to brake for it.

wife and 2 kids are “crew” not spectators, so they are always welcome.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Bmw yup, 300 nope, 600 little bit to set the front.
Not a fan of the asphalt ripples mid turn a couple of feet off the grass.

CBR-Los

George, it isn't you I'm worried about. lol I'm thinking Novice on litre bike hauling down the straight, then braking/turning for tight turn 1 CCW...
He’s worried about dudes like me!
I’ll be there Sunday. Seriously looking forward to it!

bmart

Control Rider
Me too. Temps look like 53 morning, 64 afternoon, so 50s a lot of the day, and wind 5-15 MPH. Bring something to hold your canopies down.

A few reasons why folks have mentioned that they want to know direction in advance:
-To know which way to mount their tires for wear
-To know where to set up so that they don't have a 1/2 mile walk to the rider's meeting
-To know if they need a generator

Is it track day yet? I'm so ready...

bmart

Control Rider
Be sure to come and say hello...from 6' away!

What would you like tips on? We're happy to help.

Shifty10

Control Rider
Depends on your setup. The paddock area is mostly a giant gravel parking lot with a paved road on the side. Most people set up their bikes and tents on the paved road and park trucks/trailers in the gravel nearby.

If you need power, make sure you have a decently long extension cord or a genny! Vendors usually position themselves up front towards pit in/out.

flip998

Depends on your setup. The paddock area is mostly a giant gravel parking lot with a paved road on the side. Most people set up their bikes and tents on the paved road and park trucks/trailers in the gravel nearby.

If you need power, make sure you have a decently long extension cord or a genny! Vendors usually position themselves up front towards pit in/out.

I appreciate the info Shifty!