NC Bike thoughts?

Kirk J Erlinger

Howdy, I'm considering NCBike end of this month, never been, looking for thoughts on track and whether its worth a 7+ hr drive.

VIR North I'd drive to hell and back, CMP worth a 6 hr drive.

Thanks!
Kirk

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Eh...
It's not a very technical track. No elevation changes, mostly all left handers if running CCW, which is 99% of the time.
The relatively new chicane can be taken at a near straight line... There's no way I'd drive 7+ hrs to go to it if I had other options.

meanstrk

Control Rider
It’s a decent track. Facilities have plenty of parking and power. No elevation changes and like stated, not very technical but then again, you have to link things together right no make fast time there. They don’t clean the track very well sometimes so expect some debris off line. Worth the drive? Guess that depends on how bad you need a fix!

Kirk J Erlinger

thanks for both of your quick replies; I should be more specific, I can plan trip into a "work" trip, so probably shouldn't have made 7hr comment! This date just happens to work for me!

Thanks again!

bmart

Control Rider
Otto Man is right. I listened to a lot of opinions, mostly negative. I tried it for myself and loved it when I was riding there. It is a superb training track. Go. Experiment. Return home with new skills. I think that they're settled on one configuration now.

Kirk J Erlinger

I'll be there.
We're doing YCRS the 2 days before as well. (4 days of riding. going to be a blast.)

Come swing by and say hi. (grey sprinter)
Any chance of Demo rides on R1??;)

Demoed YCRS R1 last year at CMP, had major brake fade into T1, wasn't happy at all :mad:. Consider this small vent release.

Kirk J Erlinger

Otto Man is right. I listened to a lot of opinions, mostly negative. I tried it for myself and loved it when I was riding there. It is a superb training track. Go. Experiment. Return home with new skills. I think that they're settled on one configuration now.
Same with trying new tires, gotta determine for oneself!

Riding new tracks is good on so many levels!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Any chance of Demo rides on R1??;)
Demoed YCRS R1 last year at CMP
Was that 10/15 and 10/16 by chance? That was a good weekend.
I think champ school was running 13th and 14th last year, then they did demo rides saturday/sunday at the TDs.

I don't see why they wouldn't do that again at NCBIKE. Might even be on Q5's this time. :)

Kirk J Erlinger

Was that 10/15 and 10/16 by chance? That was a good weekend.
I don't see why they wouldn't do that again at NCBIKE. Might even be on Q5's this time. :)
It was that weekend....R1 I rode had brake issues prior to me riding, one of the YCRS boys test rode it, said it was good to go. For my ADV stint away I went, 3rd/4th lap I was comfortable enough to drop the hammer, all of a sudden NO brakes going into T1, I was pretty upset and not impressed with the experience.

This map below shows the turn numbers in CW direction. In CCW direction (majority like another poster said), the balanced turn at the bottom of the map is T1.

Not a technical track and there’s one super wide corner in CCW direction (T7 on this map) where I feel like I’m leaving the Earth’s orbit before I can see the exit. Still need to figure out my reference point for that corner.

The next corner after that (T6 on this map) requires patience for a late tip in but once figured out, that corner quickens quite a bit.

Other than that, I think it’s a good track with some fun corners. It’s grippy (polite word for abrasive) so rain doesn’t totally kill the joy.

But, it’s only 50% about riding. The other 50% is getting away for the weekend, catching up with buddies, telling lies to paddock mates that co-workers and family won’t catch you telling, etc.

1680740826383.jpeg

I have that one (with Eziah's line over the top, too) but I was too lazy to go out to the van to get my track maps and upload it.

:whistle:

I bailed on Summit today (and I’m sure after my coffee sinks in I’ll regret it) so I have no excuse for not posting it today lest I out myself as the forum’s laziest member.

Laszlo

I'll be there.
We're doing YCRS the 2 days before as well. (4 days of riding. going to be a blast.)

Come swing by and say hi. (grey sprinter)
Ditto: I’m signed up for YCRS (2nd time) and then two days (though Sunday I may have to bail around noon). First time w/ N2 and first time on my Thruxton so I’m jazzed it about. Looks like track should be fine with the linking as noted above . . . Like a puzzle, and speaking personally, I sometimes get thrown off by tracks that are totally flat as what this seems from vids but focused on turns. Looking at a vid (
) I count 7 lefties and 4 righties…