NCBIKE 10/22/22 - Thanks!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Was great seeing you all this weekend.
I think this wraps up my season with N2. We're riding VIR next weekend with PRE and then maybe riding CMP with STT in Nov.
But until then, keep safe out there.

Also, it's considered rude to cartwheel your motorcycle into T1 at NCBIKE... :whistle:
@ElvisT doesn't need more stress in his life. lol

52448517593_a4971e8126_z.jpg

bmart

Control Rider
Dude...was that you filming and who fell?

( ~0% of the time I ride in the same wheel tracks as the guy in front of me...I'm not Rossi!)

I hope that everyone was okay.

04HRC51

I had a slight speed misjudge going into turn one and ran up inside another rider; my sincere apologies to whomever it was. The day was a blast and AJ taught me a lot! ATP was well worth the long trip and money.

MK3Brent

Treebeard

( ~0% of the time I ride in the same wheel tracks as the guy in front of me...I'm not Rossi!)

That was Elvis, in Novice. He was okay too. Nick got his bike fixed up and back out there to finish the day. :like:

ElvisT

bMart, that was me getting ass packed out of nowhere!

ElvisT

That was Elvis, in Novice. He was okay too. Nick got his bike fixed up and back out there to finish the day. :like:
I got out there all right. Thanks to Nick, who took parts off his bike to get me going. It was the longest 20 min session ever!
Was definitely not fun, was constantly second guessing myself and had this immense fear of being plowed into every time i got on the front straight approaching T1. I'm so thankful to have escaped any injuries, just a bruised left forearm, banged up on the left hip, right shoulder and arm, and sore neck. As always, Brent is always there to support and talk me through it all. Hopefully i have enough time to get over it mentally for next season.

bmart

Control Rider
I got out there all right. Thanks to Nick, who took parts off his bike to get me going. It was the longest 20 min session ever!
Was definitely not fun, was constantly second guessing myself and had this immense fear of being plowed into every time i got on the front straight approaching T1. I'm so thankful to have escaped any injuries, just a bruised left forearm, banged up on the left hip, right shoulder and arm, and sore neck. As always, Brent is always there to support and talk me through it all. Hopefully i have enough time to get over it mentally for next season.
I hope so too. Accidents are commonly longer lasting mentally than physically. Some racers may chime in here.

When I'm lead coach for one of the groups (N or I) at NC Bike (and VIR South) I highly encourage track day riders to leave a few feet on the outside of the track at the entry to turn 1, and to tell folks who want to test how late they can brake to use that outside space in order to minimize risk. It isn't mandatory, but it is safer, IMHO. When we look at what "fast" is, we're pretty far from top pace! Track days are all about fun, and going home with a smile on, and all of our gear and equipment in the same condition it showed up in. :)