NCBike / ATP 22Oct

04HRC51

I’m so much looking forward to NCBike/ATP on the 22Oct but have decided to punt and push off till a later date. Im riding a super mint 2004 Nicky Hayden RC51 and I really don’t want to hurt it. I just purchased an RC51 track bike but there is not enough time between now and the event to get the bike, go through it and acclimate. Bummed but excited about next season.

04HRC51

I rode to work the other day and it was 40 degrees; a bit chilly! Anyways, thinking now to just follow through with ATP on my current bike and just be a bit cautious.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I rode to work the other day and it was 40 degrees; a bit chilly! Anyways, thinking now to just follow through with ATP on my current bike and just be a bit cautious.
That's the spirit! Just throw on some thermals under your leathers. @bmart had a great tip in another thread about wearing a rain over jacket to help with wind. I'll be using that tip this weekend at NCBike.

Another trick is to wear a pair of latex gloves under your riding gloves to help a little with wind.

I also spring for a balaclava and fleece neck gator.
You will be going from the track straight into the classroom after every session, so it won't be so bad. :)

04HRC51

I’m not to worried about the cold; one of my other hobbies is reenacting WWII and occasionally I’m sleeping in foxholes in the middle of winter wearing period clothing; that’s friggin cold

04HRC51

Can anyone confirm that camping at NCBike is allowed. It appears so but before I finalize plans I wanted to double check. Thanks.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can anyone confirm that camping at NCBike is allowed. It appears so but before I finalize plans I wanted to double check. Thanks.
Can confirm, have camped there many times.

Also the balaclava idea around my neck was key at pitt last weekend...thankful I accidentally had a gator with me. You might toss one in your bag, as Brent said. That was the only part of me that was cold, although Garysburg is looking to have excellent wx this weekend.

04HRC51

Can confirm, have camped there many times.

Also the balaclava idea around my neck was key at pitt last weekend...thankful I accidentally had a gator with me. You might toss one in your bag, as Brent said. That was the only part of me that was cold, although Garysburg is looking to have excellent wx this weekend.
Cool, thanks. Yea, weather is looking favorable!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Yup! Camping at NCBIKE is great. Fast wifi too. It’s first come first serve for power, so plan on coming early if you need that.

I just finished up my weekend at CMP and was suckered into coming to NCBIKE next weekend, so see you there. Come say hi. I’m in the sprinter van with a Yamaha and BMW.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I should be in by 4 on Friday.
That'll be early enough to get power. There's a couple 110 outlets on each pillar, or bring 30a adapters. Also, it's about a 50' run across a big ditch from the power to where your bike will be parked on the side of the road, so plan accordingly for that as well.

ElvisT

Yup! Camping at NCBIKE is great. Fast wifi too. It’s first come first serve for power, so plan on coming early if you need that.

I just finished up my weekend at CMP and was suckered into coming to NCBIKE next weekend, so see you there. Come say hi. I’m in the sprinter van with a Yamaha and BMW.
Suckered by a Novice...LOL