NESBA Needs To put out a BEACON at all trackdays.

pefrey

Landshark;56331 wrote: If the ORG provides the beacon doesn't that make it a timed event? I know my insurance has specific language about timed events. If a member provides it and you use it that's another story.
Ding Ding Ding!! IMO it flirts with the line and I think most of us would prefer it stay away.

Mysteryman

I would hate to see my rate on my life ins policy if i had to have disclose i was "participating in a timed event". I guess being 23 its a lot better then you old timers but still it would jump a fair amount im sure.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I think to be a "timed event" someone has to be recording the times, like as in an official score keeper type official. If the beacon's out just to be out..then if you use it with your XT receiver..that's totally up to you. No one has to know about it.

I personally like it because I can go back to year's past and look at my data I've recorded and see how/if I'm getting better with regards to consist lap pace and maybe a personal best from previous events at the same venue.

crewnutz

touche :p

thank god for white duct tape or else my color coordination would be totally f-d!............it blends nicely since i tore my sh!t up at lightning

LesPow

Control Rider
Sooo why is it Nesba does not put up a lap timer?? Darn it, simple question, I love my lap timer and if you prefer to not use one for whatever reason fine. Let me live!!!
Why do you even participate in a dangerous sport?!!

The answer should be: we did not have one or someone did not put one out that day. Done deal.

Fly Guy 333

Twiztedjester55;57131 wrote: Nesba has never provided a beacon as far as I know, it's up to a member to put one out.

Really? Ok so anytime we got lap times recorded it was always a participants beacon? I had no idea. I guess thats the answer then.

Fly Guy 333

D-Zum;56686 wrote: I think to be a "timed event" someone has to be recording the times, like as in an official score keeper type official. If the beacon's out just to be out..then if you use it with your XT receiver..that's totally up to you. No one has to know about it.

I personally like it because I can go back to year's past and look at my data I've recorded and see how/if I'm getting better with regards to consist lap pace and maybe a personal best from previous events at the same venue.
ABSOLUTELY. What I was thinking exactly.

Twiztedjester55

Fly Guy 333;57135 wrote: Really? Ok so anytime we got lap times recorded it was always a participants beacon? I had no idea. I guess thats the answer then.
Yeah every track day I've done the beacon was put out by a member. I'm sure Nesba doesn't do it for the whole "timed event" reason. Technically it may or may not have to be recorded by a person but everyone knows how insurance companies are and if they find any documentation anywhere that the "Track Day Provider" supplies a means of timing participants they will try and fuck you.

Just because there is a beacon doesn't make it a timed event no matter who puts it out. I believe the general consensus is you have to have a transponder system that is recording the results off track to be considered a "timed event". Having a IR lap timer doesn't make it a timed event.

vanbreezy

I was down @ VIR the 4th of july weekend and not only was the Beacon put out by Nesba it was announced at the riders meeting as to what side it was on.