New addict

cecilio64

I've been riding on the street for 25 years and when I was 19 I was an MSF instructor in Northern Illinois. For the last few years I've toyed with the idea of track riding but never was able to do it. Last year I bought my new VFR and also spent alot of time in Spain because of my dad's illness. In Europe there is EXTENSIVE tv coverage of MotoGP and I felt the call of the track again. This last summer I ran into a friend who I hadn't seen in a few years and he is a track rider. I went to see him and was instantly hooked. I started looking for a bike to fix up over the winter, but found a package that included an ex-WERA bike, trailer, leathers, EZ-Up, helmet, boots, gloves, tire warmers, generator,etc. and bought it. I did my first track day at BHF Labor Day Sunday, on my new bike, 3 weeks after I'd gone to see my friend at Autubahn. Since then I've done a TD with STT at Gingerman and last weekend at Putnam. My wife Sonia comes with me and supports/encourages me. She insisted I buy the package and not a wrecked bike to fix. We love NESBA events so much better, the people, the CRs just the whole family feel. We felt instantly welcomed and everyone we meet is a new friend that offers all kinds of help. Really has made it easy for me since there was sooooo much to absorb in such little time. I see that there is a huge community out there that really cares,welcomes and helps out where they can. To everyone we've met and who have helped me out thank you, thank you so much. I will do the same when I see someone on the paddock that is as lost and overwhelmed as I was.

beac83

Mike,

It was great to meet you and Sonia and see you at both Gingerman and Putnam. Welcome to the addiction, I hope to see you often next season.

Craig

cecilio64

Hey Craig,
it was nice meeting you also. I'm sure we'll see each other alot this coming season since we both seem to have the same schedule and live in the same area. Right now my bike is in pieces as I'm sanding and prepping to paint. I'm also going to pull the forks to have Turn One do the suspension. Hopefully I'll be able to do a new rear shock too! Busy winter. Hope you have a good off season and we'll see each other soon.

Dr. Evil

Mike,
That is a good story. I was in a simular situation. But now, after track riding, I don't want to ride on the street anymore.

beac83

Mike,

All that work on the suspension! I'll not be able to hold you back any more!

I have to do bodywork as well. I need not to drop the bike while loading and unloading :doh:

See you next season.