New guy from Chicago

barfoot1

Thought I should drop in and say hi before this weekend's event at Road America!

I've been wanting to do track days for the last two years but finally made the time and financial commitment this year. I live downtown in Chicago but am fortunate enough to have parents in Buffalo Grove that don't mind me storing all my toys there, so that's where you can usually find me on the weekends.

This weekend's event at Road America (Sunday the 8th) will be my first and I'm really looking forward to it! My biggest fear is not passing tech because of something stupid I overlooked, but I'm planning on giving the bike a final go-through on Friday night.

I wasn't able to convince any of my friends to do this with me so I'm going at it alone. Please feel free to stop by if you see me in the pits and say hi! I'll have a red R6, #414.

See ya there
-John

gkotlin

Welcome. I'll be there. Bike #116.
Chicago / BG?

JORDAN! Looks like we're taking over! Maybe we can get him to run Heavy Weight races this year and we can have wood from each class in BG! We could make the local paper! haha

beac83

Welcome John. I'm sure you'll be fine for RA Sunday.
The guys are pretty cool, so if you need some assistance, don't be shy about asking.

If you make it back up to RA for Memorial Day, I'll see you then. I'm working this weekend in Montana, so will miss this trip.

bugmn20

Have fun at RA this weekend! If you come back at the end of the month I'll likely see you. Welcome to NESBA!

greeny

haha greg. countryside FTW!

i'm up in BG so if you wanna swing by my house with the bike at any time this week so i can look it over and make sure it's ready for RA, just shoot me a PM. you're gonna have the time of your life!

gkotlin

greeny;187353 wrote: haha greg. countryside FTW!

i'm up in BG so if you wanna swing by my house with the bike at any time this week so i can look it over and make sure it's ready for RA, just shoot me a PM. you're gonna have the time of your life!
What a good guy you are.

barfoot1

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Jordan, thanks a lot for the offer, I wish I could take you up on it, but work has me downtown the week.

For the guys that track their street bikes, what do you do for numbers? Tape over your lights and use stickers or something? I still haven't figured out what to do for this...

gkotlin

barfoot1;187385 wrote: Thanks for the welcome guys.

Jordan, thanks a lot for the offer, I wish I could take you up on it, but work has me downtown the week.

For the guys that track their street bikes, what do you do for numbers? Tape over your lights and use stickers or something? I still haven't figured out what to do for this...

You can just tape up the lights and reflectors. Some people make numbers with electrical tape. Thus the number 11 is very popular.

Otherwise I know a guy that can get you numbers :) (see signature or pm me)
Some people just get a nice set of numbers made and leave them on their street bike. It helps the ladies see who's cool around town. ;)

The Trackday Store does our track side vending. They typically have numbers at the track as well.