New guy in MD looking for first track day advice

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
Awesome. I'm not sure what track day I want to do first. I was thinking about ncbike. What track would you recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I Like ncbike, great place to work on skills, especially body position. Summit is old reliable.
Pitt race, VIR and Road Atlanta are plain fun!

Kruizen

Control Rider
Depends, but I'd probably start with something like the Pirelli SP tires. Good traction, heat up quickly and don't require warmers. You can run them all The way to advanced and into advanced

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Agree with Kruizen. Another option is the Pirelli Rosso Corsas.
A lot of folks also love the Dunop Q3s.
Both are hypersport street tires that don't require warmers, and also can be run up to Advanced group.

bmart

Control Rider
What kind of tire setup would you guys recommend for the track?

What these guys said. I don't have a lot of experience with the Q3 front (but I hear that it is pretty great), but I run a Q3 rear much of the time and have gotten better times on some tracks than with my race tires. They're pretty excellent. If a 190 will fit on what you're riding, you'll appreciate the difference over the 180.

Neal johnson

What these guys said. I don't have a lot of experience with the Q3 front (but I hear that it is pretty great), but I run a Q3 rear much of the time and have gotten better times on some tracks than with my race tires. They're pretty excellent. If a 190 will fit on what you're riding, you'll appreciate the difference over the 180.

Ok cool. I have the corsas now but was curious what people were running.

YOLOrider87

Do you guys know anyone selling track fairings for 2016 cbr1000rr

Check the classifieds section on the forum or look around. Track/race fairings can be a bit complicated to swap unless you are completely converting to a track only bike when it comes to Honda. Its a PITA. Are you converting to strictly track?

Neal johnson

Check the classifieds section on the forum or look around. Track/race fairings can be a bit complicated to swap unless you are completely converting to a track only bike when it comes to Honda. Its a PITA. Are you converting to strictly track?

Yea I'm like 80% sure I'm only gonna ride track. Streets are to crazy. Plus I have three kids that need there father coming home everyday.

YOLOrider87

I actually purchased mine through andrew swenson who i found had a set for my bike. Its a bit pricey but unlike OEM, fiberglass race/track fairings are repairable. I went with sharkskinz. Markbilt Racing who i believe is at all NJMP events N2 does offer wire clean up etc for like $100. Make sure if you go all out and get clip ons etc you get clip ons with at least a 2” rise on the cbr.... will save you the headache of having them hit when maneuvering the bike around or accidently applying front brake (this happened to me).

Ron R

Hey Neal,
Welcome and great choice getting with N2. I’m starting my second season this year and hoping to make NC Bike in April. I live 5 minutes from you in Burtonsville. Give me a shout if there’s anything I can help you with.
Ron
240-472-5148