New here

Hi! Just wanted to post up here since I will be riding with N2 for the first time this weekend at Road Atlanta on Sunday. Trying to get some practice time in before WERA's Cycle Jam this summer.

I've got a bit of previous track experience although this will be my first time riding Road Atlanta. Looking forward to it! Should be getting there some time Saturday afternoon/night. Signed up for Novice since it will be my first time with N2, haven't ridden Novice in like 10 years but I promise to play nice LOL :b:

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome. Drop by if you need anything. I'm #23 on a blue R6 and an orange R6 and will be under a green "Clear" canopy.

Cool! I'll have my huge white wagon, pulling an enclosed trailer, I'm easy to spot with that!
#52 SV w/ GSXR bodywork

Watching MotoGP on the TV during the Sunday quiet time most likely LOL

Had fun!
The first few sessions honestly I didn't really like the track.
But by the end of the day, I put in some consistent laps and I liked it a bit more.

SV650... so I was compromised a bit on the back straight, but managed to reel in some passes back into 10a.

Still unsure if I'd like racing there, some areas just don't seem passing-friendly, but for the trackday environment it was fun!

Liked the N2 track day, no complaints!
Did pretty much the whole day in Novice because it was thin enough I could get some full laps in just about. Especially in the last few sessions. Kept the passes clean, since there was the usual differences in pace with lots of riders there. I'm pretty patient so riding a bit behind a slower rider isn't a big deal.

Rode with Quentin on the last session who provided some good feedback and where I can improve, and otherwise spoke some kind words on what he saw.

Rocky1

Liked the N2 track day, no complaints!
Did pretty much the whole day in Novice because it was thin enough I could get some full laps in just about. Especially in the last few sessions. Kept the passes clean, since there was the usual differences in pace with lots of riders there. I'm pretty patient so riding a bit behind a slower rider isn't a big deal.

Rode with Quentin on the last session who provided some good feedback and where I can improve, and otherwise spoke some kind words on what he saw.

Glad you enjoyed the day! Q is the man. That boy is fast around RA too!

Possibly so?
I was on a black/orange SV w/ black leathers.
I don't remember seeing any others (except for the blue SV1000 that did the introduction sessions)

I remember seeing your green Clear canopy but was a little overloaded that day and forgot who said it was theirs.

bmart

Control Rider
You looked really good out there. I followed you for most of a session Sunday afternoon. Good lines, patient in traffic, and taking advantages of the SV's strengths.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Had fun!
The first few sessions honestly I didn't really like the track.
But by the end of the day, I put in some consistent laps and I liked it a bit more.

SV650... so I was compromised a bit on the back straight, but managed to reel in some passes back into 10a.

Still unsure if I'd like racing there, some areas just don't seem passing-friendly, but for the trackday environment it was fun!

RA has a lot of great passing opportunities - you just need to know where/when/how to capitalize on them, especially being on a SV650. Like bmart said, leveraging the advantages of the SV is going to be your only option, as we both know damn well you aren't going to pass them with horsepower!