New Member | Atlanta, GA - 2016 Track Days

dinanm3atl

New member on the forum. Purchased 2009 ZX6R for the street and will want to track it in 2016. Seems like N2 is the most popular and well reviewed for the novice track student.

I race cars and instruct. Have lots of laps in the Southeast. Will probably start with Road Atlanta or Barber since I am very familiar with it.

Can't wait to get on track and start learning!

Read everything but had a couple questions. If I am bringing my street bike it seems like basic items are needed to be able to do that. Can't do two bikes while owning 5 cars. Wife won't allow that.

CBRtist

Welcome! Seems as though you have done some research and decided on a great organization.

There are many on here who will be very helpful in addressing your concerns and questions.

Can't do two bikes while owning 5 cars. Wife won't allow that.

How will she feel about the reverse? 5 bikes and 2 cars... because that could very well happen once you start track ;)

mpusch

Micah
Welcome! Although I've been in several cars at track days I've never driven myself. Very different experience than bikes though. Gonna be fun!

And N2 is fantastic for getting new riders acclimated. Obviously shoot any questions you have here, and never be shy asking for help at the track.

Definitely nothing wrong with using a street and track bike. Just follow the manual for the couple of things you'll want to tidy up for the track and you're all set. Easy enough to go back and forth, until you eventually cave and permanently convert it :D

dinanm3atl

Can't sell the cars... haha
And then I would still be over the limit anyways.

Thanks. Should be fun. Just need to buy the track oriented gear. Have full gear for the street but not a full suit and high boots/gauntlets.

Welcome to N2 TrackDays! I'm just up the road in Cartersville so if I can help you in any way let me know.

Keep an eye on this forum, on eBay, and on all the sportbike forums for great deals on gear over the off-season. Check out the WERA site too as a lot of racers post up good quality gear there too. Post up on Facebook what you are looking for. Deals are really easy to find this time of year if you stay plugged in to some of these sites!!

HJ

dinanm3atl

Thanks everyone! Think I am going to run up to the event at Road Atlanta(March event) to just check out how it runs. While I have a LOT of laps at Road Atlanta rather do something like a Roebling for my first track day riding.

wanderlust

Welcome! Hope to see you out this year! I have had nothing but positive experiences with N2, I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you decide to start the season!

AdamG14

Hey Dinan! I'm new and in the ATL area as well. I too have spent time at Road ATL, Barber and Little Talladega on 4 wheels. My buddy and I are signed up for the 4/22 event at Little Talladega for our first. That track is flat, easy to learn, and doesn't have near as many walls to hit if you have an off. Definitely recommend checking it out if you've never been there. Look forward to meeting you at an event soon!

dinanm3atl

Hey Dinan! I'm new and in the ATL area as well. I too have spent time at Road ATL, Barber and Little Talladega on 4 wheels. My buddy and I are signed up for the 4/22 event at Little Talladega for our first. That track is flat, easy to learn, and doesn't have near as many walls to hit if you have an off. Definitely recommend checking it out if you've never been there. Look forward to meeting you at an event soon!

Yah. I saw that one. 4/22 I'll be at Barber working :(