New Ohio based member

04HRC51

Participated in my first track event in nearly 30 years this past Sunday at PittRace. I went in as a total novice, not really sure if I was up to doing this again and, honestly, wondering why I felt the need to try. Of course, it was a wet and rainy morning and that had me on edge but I went out anyways. My first two session were one to one with Gearge B. and he did a great job showing me the lines, markers and flag stations and took the time to talk with me afterwards. Once things dried out, I was more on my own and was really able to find my groove again. Struggled a little with the later turns but figured them out and incrementally increased my tempo and really began to understand one, that I can still do this and two, why I needed to try. I gave up my passion 30 years ago for the family and over time forgot how important being on the track was to me; made me feel like a kid again.

I was super happy with how my nearly 20 year old bike (RC-51) handled, braked (she’s heavy) and how easy it was to get comfortably with her. I was impressed with the N2 organization, their dedication to safety and their instructor staff and hoping to make ATP this fall in NC.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Wow, 30 years away... Welcome back. Glad you had a great time. I had a couple friends riding Pitt that weekend too and they commented on it being rainy for a bit. We're doing the ATP this weekend coming up at NCBIKE. Really looking forward to it. :)

bmart

Control Rider
That's a great story. I have questions when I'm away 30 days! :)

Really great to have you with the group, and George is super to ride with. We see a few RC51s every year. They're perfectly capable bikes! Come say hi if you get further south. Well done!

f3racer

Welcome.
I think I saw you post on the RC51 fans facebook page too. I love mine out on track.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1628465680429.jpg
    FB_IMG_1628465680429.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 12

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
You are a awesome student and made my job easy. Glad your back in the sport. Love seeing the RC51's out there. My friend had one and I rode it and behind it a few times. Love the sound of it and I got too close a few times and felt the thumping from the exhaust. Keep up the great work and see you out there again.

f3racer

Thanks F3, looking forward to seeing another RC out there! Bmart, I’m getting close to pulling the trigger for NCBike in Oct.
Definitely. One of the N2 CR's Jake Sutter just picked up and 04 and some race body work. He's going to do some coaching on it at Roebling at the end of the month.

04HRC51

You are a awesome student and made my job easy. Glad your back in the sport. Love seeing the RC51's out there. My friend had one and I rode it and behind it a few times. Love the sound of it and I got too close a few times and felt the thumping from the exhaust. Keep up the great work and see you out there again.
Thanks man.

f3racer

I cannot remember my times. I was on a stock Honda Hurricane 600, the bike was fast for its time but nothing compared to now.
I did my 1st Track day back in 99 on an 88 Hurricane. It was an Ed Bargy school at Roebling. I would love to have another cane.

04HRC51

I did my 1st Track day back in 99 on an 88 Hurricane. It was an Ed Bargy school at Roebling. I would love to have another cane.
Cool man. My riders school was around 88 at Roebling, all I can remember is the meatballs that were taped to our backs for that first weekend.