New organization

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Greetings everyone.

My name is Rob Cichielo and wanted to take a moment to address the NESBA members. I believe many of you know me (some of you don't), but wanted to at least take this opportunity to introduce myself and let you know that we are in the final stages of completing our business agreement with Bob to take over NESBA's operations under a new organization that is well structured, well funded, and based on a completely new management team. This week has been a complete whirlwind, but we're very close to completion. I will not disclose information until our business work is final, but I anticipate that we will have a formal communication to existing NESBA members this Sunday.

As a NESBA member since 2004, I feel very strongly about this organization and certainly know that communication has not been one of its strong suits. Understand that I do NOT speak for NESBA, but our next communication will provide everyone with details of the new organization, what this means for members, and I assure you the transition will be smooth and painless.

I understand all too well that many of you have many pressing questions, concerns, and just looking for answers. Please understand that there's not much sleep for me through this weekend and will have limited time for questions about our new organization - N2 Track Days (N2TD)

I for one am looking forward to great times on the track in 2014. Stay tuned...

Regards,

Robert Cichielo, President and CEO
N2 Track Days

UPDATE: Sunday, 9:18p
As per my original message, I wanted to keep to my word and provide an update to the group. While I was hoping for wet ink on paper this evening, the fact is that we're still working through this process. While we may have additional breakthroughs this evening, I thought it would be unfair to provide an update @ 11:59p!

That being said, we are indeed making progress and so much has been done by an incredible crew of people. So I want to take this time to give you a little more information about the folks behind this endeavor. We have Will Leinker, James Curtis, Kris Smith, and James Easley, not to mention very generous investors that have a strong affinity to the motor sports industry (especially those involving two wheels).

This exercise is a difficult one and has taxed a team of people heavily for a week now. We're looking at all financial and operational aspects of this organization (financial, back-end systems, registration, track contracts, etc.) and it is very time consuming. We are committed to balancing the interests of the members, the organization, and other parties in the mix. Once we can get through this, we will immediately turn on back-end systems (registration, etc), publish schedule, etc.

Thank you for your patience.

okayh

Nice. Will N2 and PRE be separate orgs, has this week ended with them coming back together, or will we have to stay tuned till Sunday?

Control Rider
N2
Stay tuned until Sunday....
but I will say both orgs. are made up of people who have worked well together for years ;)

Kengblom

Control Rider
Wow - this really has been a crazy couple days. I have been with Nesba for a long time (1999 I think) it's sad to see this happen but Rob's a good guy. I hope everything works out for the best!

Spacemedic

N2 trackdays?? Would you consider a different name? If you ran that name by a focus group, I think they would probably shoot it down. It sounds terribly cheesy.

"What are up to this weekend?"
-"Oh, I'm going to do a trackday with N2 trackdays."

Absolutely terrible to say it out loud. I wish you luck! And hopefully I'll register a lot track time with you, if you change the name...

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
scotman623;302491 wrote: Looks like things might work out for the positive...
Agreed...and kind of why instead of asking you to "get over it" I should have said, "Just try to keep calm. Get your money back for now and just see what happens when the dust settles on all this."

Sorry if it sounded like I jumped down your throat earlier...what I typed wasn't a clear representation of what I was thinking.

Apparently there's a transition taking place. Bob's been running NESBA for nearly 20 years, plus his own business. Maybe he's a little burned out. Needs a new change of scenery.

I mean look at Andy Reid for example, he was no longer working for the Philly Eagles...gets fired..moves to Kansas..they're a playoff team..an up and coming contender.

While I'm not defending all that's happened..because I'm not thrilled myself by some of it...I've been with NESBA since 2002, ..my member number is only 4 digits long..I've been around a while..and I have invested so much into doing this that if I had taken the same money and used it towards a house, I'd have a very nice mortgage free home right now.

So let's let Rob and Bob sort some things out and see where this all goes. I'm guessing there will be some partnership/cooperation between the new clubs sprouting from the remnants of NESBA. They're all close friends from years of doing this together, racing, and getting sloshed in the pits together. :D

But REMEMBER....whatever happens..the success of the efforts Rob, John, Mike, and John's Brother are putting forth are dependent on all of us through participation.

my 2 cents

D-Zum OUT!

Madski

Good luck with the deal Rob. Glad to see progress being made. This was/is too good a group to simply fade away.

z064life

Will be interesting to see if Rob stays in the NE and John takes the SE or if Rob is going to try to keep NESBA as it was with the North and South