New to Endurance

Yamaha851

Wanting to try an endurance race later this year. I'm aware that I can get a race license through N2, and I've ready through the WERA rule book for bike prep. I'm left with a couple questions...

Are the race usually 4 hours? All I see on the schedule is which track/day the race is on.

Can multiple co-riders practice on the same bike during a track day?

Whats the entry fee? Just trying to guesstimate what cost 3 riders would have to split up.

Thanks for any advice, Ken.

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
Ken,
The endurance rules and info are located on n2td.org/endurance
4 hour race for LW, Middleweight, and Heavy weight. Pre entry $495
2 hour race for Ultra LW (400cc and under). Pre entry $295

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Ultra light weight endurance (Ninja 300/400/R3/etc) are 2 hour and lightweight/medium/heavyweight is 4 hours. Entry is something like $500 pre entry and $525 or something like that if you sign up the day of. Yes, it's on [your team] to split up who rides your bike throughout the track day for each session.

A relatively competent 600 middle weight team (all riders mid-pack WERA/CCS experts) that has the talent (and pit stop ability) to place in the top 5 of the class would average out to be about $300-$350 per person assuming a 4 rider team, also assuming you stay upright and don't have any mechanicals or whatnot.

Trying to win the heavy weight and overall race win? Yeah...toss that dollar figure out the window. Throwing together a SV team, don't really care where you finish and just want to try out endurance racing? Would be a bit cheaper than that.

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
I laughed at that one but it shows weakness. The Donkey express show is strong. Or maybe the Gorilla and Donkey show. I’m just saying, think about it. Do it.

Yamaha851

Thanks for the info. Something about running the same bike all race is more appealing to me, kind of the true sprit of endurance racing.

I've got an older R6, I like to cruise on the slower end of your A group. Definitely not expecting a podium but would like to try this kind of racing rather than sprints.

Hoping a set of tires will last the whole race. I can stomach the cost of a dry break fuel system but those quick change tire setups look expensive.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Thanks for the info. Something about running the same bike all race is more appealing to me, kind of the true sprit of endurance racing.

I've got an older R6, I like to cruise on the slower end of your A group. Definitely not expecting a podium but would like to try this kind of racing rather than sprints.

Hoping a set of tires will last the whole race. I can stomach the cost of a dry break fuel system but those quick change tire setups look expensive.

By far and large the relay endurance is much easier, much more simple, and is a great stepping stone to endurance racing. Get 3 of your buddies to get on board and get your feet wet and do the relay endurance. You will not be able to do an entire 4 hour on a rear on a R6...unless the entire team runs a novice group pace. And yeah, sinking money into endurance parts happens quick...I wouldn't suggest making a 06-07 or older R6 an endurance bike unless you can find a used tank and quick change to use. Otherwise, you're looking at sinking a lot of $ into something you will get pennies back on the dollar when you decide to sell later on.

Everyone rides their own bike, its on each of you for tire selection and fuel use. No headaches with splitting up crash costs either. Wreck your own shit, fix your own shit...it's about as simple as it gets.

Yamaha851

Otto man you might have me convinced, relay would be way easier to get into. All I need is a couple friends with 600s.