New to N2 and looking forward to experiencing the track

CBR-Los

Hello everyone!
My name is Carlos and I’ve been riding motorbikes for most of my life. Despite this “experience” I feel like I absolutely know nothing about riding a sport bike! This is the first time I’ve joined a track organization and I hope to do my first track day REAL soon. I live in NC and would like to visit the track in Garysburg(NC Bike) this coming weekend.
Is it possible to just show up and simply observe how a trackday works?
I have all the gear. I have a bike that will pass an intro level tech inspection. But I do not have a tow vehicle at the moment.
I know this is a lengthy first post, and I apologize. I’m just super excited and anxious about getting on the track.
Thank you to all of you that contribute to the function of this site and N2. I hope to glean as much info as possible from you experienced track riders.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Welcome Carlos. I’m not sure what the current rules are around spectators given everything with COVID. I’m sure someone who knows will chime in. That being said, spectating a day and just observing what all occurs is a great idea. There are plenty of nerves and things to deal with your first few times out that anything you can do ahead of time is a great idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CBR-Los

Thanks for the reply Darth.
With covid restrictions starting to lighten up I’ll be able to hit the track sooner than expected and with an experienced track rider/racer.
My first track day is going to be June 27th, at NJMP, with a buddy of mine that is a member of The Riders Club.
Im a bit less nervous about the whole process now but still......
I’m sure everyone remembers their “first time”!

CBR-Los you chose wisely sir. They (N2 staff) run a great organization and are eager to help. The members are equally helpful.You will have the best time you have ever experienced.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, I'll catch up with you at NJMP at some point! Sounds like you've checked out our Riders Manual? Relax, keep hydrated, get with a CR (Control Rider) to help you out.

CBR-Los

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. Really appreciate it!
Yes, I have looked over the riders manual. Haven’t “studied” it but I have glanced over it.
How important is the size of the rider number that has to be displayed on the bike? Being the “frugal” guy that I am, I picked up some 3” numbers from WallyWorld. The numbers are suppose to be for mailboxes so an added bonus is they’re also reflective!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
They need to be visible to the cornerworkers from a distance. I'm thinking 3" might be kind of small. If you want to be frugal, you can make numbers out of blue painters tape! :)

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Enjoy your TD with Riders Club on the 27th. All organizations provide basically the same thing. Motorcycles + Racetrack = Fun. Some Clubs offer track time with less "Structure", some offer a little more "Coaching", some have easier "bump" requirements, some are limited on the Tracks they ride. However, whoever you ride with will provide you the opportunity to ride fast and have fun. My advice is to ride with multiple clubs and see the differences each offers.