New to N2 and looking forward to VIR!!!

falseneutral

I knocked the rust off at Barber a couple weeks ago but this Sunday will be my first visit to VIR so I'm looking forward to meeting anyone willing to share their knowledge of the Patriot Course. This will also be my first time riding with N2 so I'll be in Novice, which brings up a question. Should I plan on running the whole day in Novice or will a CR assess me early (first session?) for a bump? I ride in A with STT but don't want to be "one of those guys" and just need to know if I should replace my slicks with a tire that's happier going a bit slower. Any input from N2 staff would be appreciated. Thanks.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Welcome aboard! Shoot a message over to support@n2td.org and they'll get you squared away. If you're running Advanced with STT, we'll at least get you into the I group. Without a quick set of eyes on you, N2 Advanced required a bump from a CR or anyone that has a current expert level or professional roadracing license. The VIR date will be a partner date with Evolve, but there will be N2 control riders there and other members.

falseneutral

Excellent! Thanks for the quick response. I'll email Support now. Will you be at VIR this Sunday? I'm always looking for track insights and suggestions.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Not to add confusion to this but.....if you are talking about VIR this weekend, that event is a "Partnered" event through EvolveGT and although our clubs share membership privledges, you will not be "Riding with N2" this weekend (unless of course you're in Alabama). Evolve puts on a great Track Day so no worries there. As far as where you start out......Find Billy when you get there. He will get you situated.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Excellent! Thanks for the quick response. I'll email Support now. Will you be at VIR this Sunday? I'm always looking for track insights and suggestions.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make this one, but there will be plenty of N2/Evolve staff there to show you the way!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
My knowledge of Patriot, having ran it both ways...drink plenty of water. That course will SMOKE you legs! There is no resting on Patriot. A fast track for how small it is and an excellent place to really work on your endurance.

falseneutral

My knowledge of Patriot, having ran it both ways...drink plenty of water. That course will SMOKE you legs! There is no resting on Patriot. A fast track for how small it is and an excellent place to really work on your endurance.

Good to know. I'm out of shape and sure to be hurting but at least now I'll expect the pain to start sooner than usual.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
Welcome!
Although Patriot is best suited for NON-liter bikes it is a lot of fun!!
Personally I prefer counter clockwise but whichever direction they choose to run that day, you should enjoy it.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I'm planning to be there both days (Patriot and North). Feel free to stop over! Large white enclosed trailer with white dodge truck pulling it. Riding a red/black GSXR750 and will also be doing a couple tests on my old grey R6.

falseneutral

Welcome!
Although Patriot is best suited for NON-liter bikes it is a lot of fun!!
Personally I prefer counter clockwise but whichever direction they choose to run that day, you should enjoy it.

Steve, I do wish my non-liter GSXR600 was operational but it needs at least a new head, possible more. (Sight glass shows oil and water swimming together.) I'll be posting a "WTB/Help!" in the classified section soon.

falseneutral

I'm planning to be there both days (Patriot and North). Feel free to stop over! Large white enclosed trailer with white dodge truck pulling it. Riding a red/black GSXR750 and will also be doing a couple tests on my old grey R6.

WMHJR, thanks for the invitation. I'll look for you tomorrow.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
Steve, I do wish my non-liter GSXR600 was operational but it needs at least a new head, possible more. (Sight glass shows oil and water swimming together.) I'll be posting a "WTB/Help!" in the classified section soon.
Definitely do that!
All of us N2 folks will be happy to help!

falseneutral

Thanks for all the welcome messages and especially to Bill and Kenny for finding me at VIR this weekend. It was an absolute blast to ride with and learn from them. We had so much fun running Patriot on Sunday that I just had to extend my trip and run the North Course with them yesterday. While the N2 crowd at VIR was small (this time), the value to me was huge. Great instruction and camaraderie. Thank you Bill and Kenny! You two made for one of the best track experiences I've ever had.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Hey Mike! Great to have spend time with you at a VIR. Welcome to the family! You're going to love spending time with N2 this year. Let's make sure we see that big green truck of yours often.

MANIX

Control Rider
Hey Mike . So enjoyed the weekend. Really appreciate what you said. It makes everything we try to do all worth while. Even though it was a normal weekend for us. LOL. Welcome to the land of misfit toys, you will fit right in.