New to N2 some Questions..

Mk4Matt

Hey Everyone,

Name is Matt and I'm from Clarksville TN. I have a 07 R6.

This is my 4th year on the track and have been riding with STT (advanced group for the past 2.5 years)
Looking to go to some new tracks that N2 attends. Being as I have never ridden with N2 im guessing I would have to start in a "Novice" class and be cleared to ride in a faster group.

I am planning on going to VIR and Summit in the beginning of August. So basically what im getting at is, whats the process of getting "bumped" to a faster class?

Also looking at the rider manual I need numbers on my bike. My bike doesn't have any number and I need to purchase some. Does anyone have any picture of exactly where the numbers need to the located? The Manual says" 6" high number on the top or sides of the tail section" This is very unclear as the front or side of my tail is only about 3-4 inches..

I just don't want to use 4 days vacation and drive 24hrs to be turned away at tech for improper numbers..

Look forward to seeing you at the track,
Matt

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Numbers can be as simple as two strips of tape. No worries there.

Bump process for advanced is by evaluation. Ask for an Evaluation and we can get eyes on you. We may ask you to work on a thing or two but if your pace is there we’ll get you placed accordingly

mpusch

Micah
Hey Everyone,

This is my 4th year on the track and have been riding with STT (advanced group for the past 2.5 years)
Looking to go to some new tracks that N2 attends. Being as I have never ridden with N2 im guessing I would have to start in a "Novice" class and be cleared to ride in a faster group.

I am planning on going to VIR and Summit in the beginning of August. So basically what im getting at is, whats the process of getting "bumped" to a faster class?

Also looking at the rider manual I need numbers on my bike. My bike doesn't have any number and I need to purchase some. Does anyone have any picture of exactly where the numbers need to the located? The Manual says" 6" high number on the top or sides of the tail section" This is very unclear as the front or side of my tail is only about 3-4 inches..

I just don't want to use 4 days vacation and drive 24hrs to be turned away at tech for improper numbers..

Matt

Just want to reiterate what Dave said about the numbers. They want you on track (safely!), and no one's going to be there with a ruler measuring them. Just make it legible, you'll be good. I've been running strips of tape for N2 and WERA for a couple years now :D

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard. All good advice above. Additionally, come in with an open mind, the Advanced and Intermediate groups in N2 tend to be much faster than many other organizations so don’t be discouraged if you end up in I.

sSalopek

Control Rider
Director
Hey Everyone,

Matt

Welcome Matt! If you are not new to this whole track thing you can email support@n2td.org and give them your experience and ask to be put in Intermediate so that you do not have to begin in the Novice group. Advanced group however would require an evaluation from one our Control Riders.

Mk4Matt

Thanks for the welcome!

I have sent a email to support. I hope to meet and ride with you at the track!

-Matt

meanstrk

Control Rider
Welcome Matt!

With the R6, keep in mind that you can also use the lower for numbers since the tail is small.

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! i'm sure that we'll be at some of the same track days. Come and say hello. i'm the old guy on the old blue/white R6.