New to N2

TripleN675

Hey everyone. New to N2 and plan on riding my first event with you April 8 at NCBIKE. I've done 6 track days with other organizations and I'm looking forward to finally getting a chance to do one with N2. I'm from Western North Carolina so a little drive for me to NCBIKE but not bad!

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! I drive from CLT and it isn't too bad. Look forward to seeing you there.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome, if you get north to main or further and need anything stop by and ask or just say hi.

Tom

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
Welcome. You should have an advantage on track, if you have much street riding experience on those curvy western North Carolina mountain roads. Hope to ride with you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleN675

Welcome. You should have an advantage on track, if you have much street riding experience on those curvy western North Carolina mountain roads. Hope to ride with you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha yeah we ride the mountains all the time. I've been to NCBIKE 3 times and VIR 3 times also.

TripleN675

I'm curious if anyone can help me. My friend and I are getting ready to sign up for April 8 at NCBIKE. Our first time riding with N2 and we're excited! When registering I noticed it only allows someone to be put in Novice. Both of us have done about 6 trackdays in intermediate with another organization with 3 of them being at NCBIKE. With that being said is there a way to sign up for intermediate or is everyone placed in Novice for their first time with N2?

tdelegram

Control Rider
Get with the control riders early in the morning sessions and line up in the front of the left hand lane. Let them know you have some experience and would like to be evaluated for a bump to the I group. Only way you can get an exception is if you have an expert race license. On another note, I have ridden with many orgs and N2 is by far the fastest/safest group at any level. In many cases the folks at the top of the N group are mid pack I riders with other organizations. Ride your ride and have fun!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Welcome. I will be at NC Bike. Find me after the riders meeting and I will discuss this with you and your friends. As others have posted we require an evaluation for you to be bumped from group to group. The only exception is if you have a valid Expert Race License. This is for your safety as well as the safety of our members. Nobody at N2 is interested in holding anyone back and honestly would love to place more people in higher groups. At N2 we have different rules than other organizations. Riding in the Novice group will expose you to those rules in a more relaxed pace than you might be used to going. You will also get extra information in the Novice meeting that will help you understand the way we run our events. Too much information is never a bad thing.

Once you have a few sessions under your belt I'm sure with your experience you will be bumped naturally, decide you're good in the group you're in, or you can find me an I will get a Coach to take a look at you. In any case be ready for some fun and welcome to N2!!!