New to N2

DucRider969

Good afternoon everyone, new to the track and N2 and really looking forward to my first event at NC Bike this weekend. I attended a two-day Cal Superbike School at VIR this past August, got hooked, bought an RC390 track bike and joined N2! I've signed up for the ATP on Saturday to build on the CSS experience and get off on the right foot. Open to any and all advice (especially with susp. settings) and hope to meet some great people and work on my not-so-mad skills...Thanks!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Welcome! Look forward to seeing you at NCBike. You're really starting off on the right foot by starting with ATP! Learning never stops, and the crew that does ATP are really in synch with the YCRS experience, so you should get a lot out of it.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard. Let me know if you have rc390 questions, I have a cup model that I finally got sorted, the big thing for me was the suspension. At 200 pounds I was blowing through the shock and fork springs as it's set for a 140 pound rider. I used ThermosMan and he get me an extra 10mm of fork travel up front, the right springs and custom valving. Its a completely different bike now.

SinisterBabo

Bumblebee
Welcome! I got to sample parts of the ATP curriculum in its infancy and witnessed firsthand what some dedicated coaching can do to several friends' riding technique and skills. Looking forward to seeing you out there. Thinking about picking up an R3 or an RC390 myself.

2blueyam

As a 10 year track day rider, welcome to the addiction! I will be there as well on my R1.

Old R1 pilot

DucRider969

So....what did you think?
Had a awesome weekend! The ATP class on Saturday really improved my riding and helped fill in a few fundamental gaps I'd been struggling with. The track and facility were great and everyone was very welcoming. Can't wait to do it again in a couple weeks.