New to N2

Shawn McKay

Hello All,

My name is Shawn and I am new here to N2. I have been riding since 2011 and have 3 track days under my belt. I've been bitten by the bug and can't get enough! I will be attending the September 1st track day this year and am much looking forward to it! I will be in a mismatched color Triumph Daytona 955i. I race mini's in the off season at a local gocart track and am a huge MotoAmerica fan. I resto-mod 80's Hondas in my free time when I am not studying ( I am a Mech. Engineering major at Clemson ).

Can't wait for the 2018 season to start!

CBRtist

Welcome wholeheartedly to N2!

Where do you do minis? My daughter does NJ Mini GP and I dabble in it, aside from N2 Track Days. Just wondering if you were local. (DE/MD/NJ). Regardless, we still travel North/South when we can, so we might connect in either arena. PM leif needed!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Welcome........I can't hardly stand waiting 9 days until our first event, I can't imagine the agony on waiting until September. If you need anything in the meantime, post up questions. Everyone here is ready and willing to give their $.02....jk, we are all here to help in any way Shawn. Judy and Wendy are vaults of good information. Me......I'm almost useless but they keep me around anyways. Charity I would imagine.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome........I can't hardly stand waiting 9 days until our first event, I can't imagine the agony on waiting until September. If you need anything in the meantime, post up questions. Everyone here is ready and willing to give their $.02....jk, we are all here to help in any way Shawn. Judy and Wendy are vaults of good information. Me......I'm almost useless but they keep me around anyways. Charity I would imagine.
Don’t sell yourself short John, you’re fun to pass.

Shawn McKay

Thanks everybody!

@bmart : do you ride with PRE as well? I've ridden with them twice at CMP and once at North Course and recognize your avatar from their forums.

@CBRtist : I run at a local track in Greenville SC (unsanctioned events; kinda like practice only sessions). I can tell a difference already in reading what the bike it telling me in a corner after running mini's at the edge of grip. I run a beat up CRF80 with bicycle-sized scooter tires. It's a hoot getting to feel the tires slide without worrying if I crash lol.

@HondaGalToo : Thanks! I read over the manual after mulling over how many events I could run this season. I do have a tire question if you could point me to the correct forum to post it in. Thanks so much for the link to the manual!

@Slitherin : I wish I could run more events! I am restricted to as far north as VIR and south as Road Atlanta for now (I don't think my tow vehicle will make it too much farther lol). I see in your signature you ride in WERA, do you do any vintage classes?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
@HondaGalToo : Thanks! I read over the manual after mulling over how many events I could run this season. I do have a tire question if you could point me to the correct forum to post it in. Thanks so much for the link to the manual!

Hmm. Unless it's specifically about Pirellis, the Tech Section should work!

bmart

Control Rider
Thanks everybody!

@bmart : do you ride with PRE as well? I've ridden with them twice at CMP and once at North Course and recognize your avatar from their forums.

I've run with everyone! That is me over in the other forum. I love that pic of my old 400 bent way over. It was my track bike for years and that pic is at the Beaver before it was Pitt Race and before the second half of the track was even started. . Now I have one serving 99% street duty. It is one of the best Honda designs to date.

Planning to run with N2 at CMP, VIR, etc in 2018? I have a lot of days on the calendar this season.

upload_2018-4-1_12-51-1.png

upload_2018-4-1_12-57-25.png

Shawn McKay

I am planning on running with N2 at CMP and SBTT at CMP as well (I love that track!). Also trying to get to VIR South in July and possibly something in August but that all depends on the budget. How does that saying go again? "all it takes is cubic dollars"? lol.

bmart

Control Rider
Excellent. Seat time with some instruction will really ramp up your skill set. Maybe you can help me rally the troops to run at VIR South, my favorite course, and a super course to learn how to manage difficult track section (blind entry, off camber exits, etc.).

Cubic dollars. I love it!

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Hey man Welcome! If I read correctly you are in South Carolina. If you are that far south you gotta do Barber with N2 after Thanksgiving especially since you’re are starting your “season” so late. It’s a blast! I will definitely be there. I’m taking Civil Engineering myself, 3 years down and 2 to go.

Shinji43

Welcome Shawn!
+1 on attending Barber, was there for '17 and already know I will be going again for '18. Definitely a good time there!