New to N2

mforza

Hi everyone. Martin here.
Moved to South East recently from Colorado. Thinking about coming back to some racing after 7 years gap and need to dust off my track riding.
Hope i can do the August track day in Carolina.
I don't have track dedicated bike at this moment so will use most likely my Multistrada if I don't get my track bike in time.
How are the groups determined at the track?
Do I have to start as novice?

Slawson

Wannabe Racer
Welcome, anyone new to the organization has to start at novice and get bumped up through evaluations during track day.

#87_untamed

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome, Martin! I'm in Charlotte. Are you nearby? CMP is being resurfaced this month and it should allow riders to focus on the already great layout/design. The prior surface was a challenge both physically and visually. Look me up if you make it there.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Martin,

Welcome aboard, regarding your question on groups, if you have an active expert race license we can move you directly into our advanced group. Otherwise we’ll start you in novice. If your hitting your lines, consistent, making good decisions and most of all following the rules of the group you’ll get bumped up quickly. Check out the WERA forum (forums.13x.com) for a good variety of used race bike. If you have any other questions feel free to post up.

Tom

mforza

Thanks for the replies. Im down by Anderson SC. I have no problem to start as novice. I might be actually bringing friend with me and he is green so it might help him also to get adjusted knowing I start in same group.
I did hold expert license in MRA but that is long time expired.
Im currently waiting for bike from Canada but can't cross the borders to go get it. Hope things will change soon.
Can't wait to get back on track again :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
If you ever get up to the mid-Atlantic tracks (Summit, NJMP, PittRace), stop by and say hi. PittRace is worth the drive!

mforza

If you ever get up to the mid-Atlantic tracks (Summit, NJMP, PittRace), stop by and say hi. PittRace is worth the drive!

I'm sure I will. I was up there few times as a part of race crew with MA. But never got chance to ride those tracks.