Newb to nesba

DanteGSXR

Hello everyone. i just want to introduce myself to nesba. my name is Dante, im currently rideing an 2008 suzuki gsxr 1000. it is my 2nd bike, my previous bike was an 06 gsxr600 wich i sold to get the 1000. i have raced motocross since i was 12, and i been rideing street for 4 years now. ive ridden on alot of twisty roads with friends but i know they dont compare to rideing on an actual race track. im rideing the millville thunderbolt this sunday the 2nd in the introductory class, im really excited and im looking foreward to meeting other riders and having a good safe time.

beac83

Dante,

Welcome! You will have a great time. I first went to a NESBA track day in July, and am now anxiously awaiting next years' schedule (from newbie to track addict in 2-1/2 trackdays!). Don't be afraid to talk to folks out in the paddock. You will find that everyone is friendly and helpful.
Have a great time Sunday.

95coupe

beac83;24277 wrote: Dante,

Welcome! You will have a great time. I first went to a NESBA track day in July, and am now anxiously awaiting next years' schedule (from newbie to track addict in 2-1/2 trackdays!). Don't be afraid to talk to folks out in the paddock. You will find that everyone is friendly and helpful.
Have a great time Sunday.
That is the absolute truth, everyone at the nesba event i went to was great. Very helpful and informative

10Knight8

Rideshare for Saturday at NJMP?

Hi Guys,

I'm newly hooked on this addiction too and this is my first time out with NESBA. I was planning on heading down to NJMP early saturday morning (11/1). I had planned the day with a friend that has a trailer, but he had to back out. I live in Harrison, NJ (near the turnpike and GSP, not far from NYC.) Anybody have room on a trailer that lives near or is passing near here? Of course, I'd be happy to help with gas, tolls, etc...

Rob

DanteGSXR

well today was pretty interesting. i got to run 2 sessions on the track. Im deffinately hooked and will be back next season. i had a blast. the bad thing is i low sided on i think it was turn 4 near the gas pumps :( . started getting a little too cocky and pushing the cold tires too hard and before you know it my gold and black gsxr1000 slipped right out from underneath me. i learnd a good lesson today. the bike is not damaged bad, just need to order a left fairing, case cover, and shifter lol. other than that it really felt good to get on the nice open track. thanks for the freebie for the introductory class!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
at least you used the full two sessions.....

hope they weren't OEM fairings....ordering those is like selling kidneys

DanteGSXR

the right side is perfect. the left side is trashed and it was oem. i got a couple people who run shops that can give me a good deal. im just glad it didnt damage any other components. lesson learned

DanteGSXR

it sux, i wanted to see what someone said about my riding before that. i think my form is pretty good. i try to work on it alot. btw bridgestone stock front tires suck! and cold weather make it worse

Rick Johnson

Come back out next season.Track riding is a blast.Try to get some track bodywork over the winter so you don't damage your stock bodywork.Nesba is sponsored by armorbodies.They are supposed to be some good bodywork.Check it out.