NJMP 10/3-10/5

Slowride

The weathermen don't have a clue as to which way this storm will go. They are all guessing and covering thy asses. 50-50 chance it may or may not hit the east coast... lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

sv650

Kendall
The weathermen don't have a clue as to which way this storm will go. They are all guessing and covering thy asses. 50-50 chance it may or may not hit the east coast... lol

Yeah they don't know what they're talking about. I just checked the radar, it's definitely hitting the coast of France on Friday afternoon. They just had a little mix up about continents, we're good to go.

sti2.5ldohc

At this moment in time my weather report is calling for just partly cloudy for Monday. Changed dramatically since this morning.

CBRtist

No, they do not know and it's not definitive at this point. One of the trajectories (of two probable) is for it to turn NE and go out to sea. A tertiary is that it will curve inland. My money is on sea and I'm down for placing bets :)

Business as usual for me. Packing and prepping side for BBQ. There's nothing worse than hearing how awesome a track day turned out and you are sitting at home reading about it :mad:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Still planning on it. But if it hits as a hurricane I won't be able to get to the turnpike, lol. I'd need a boat the way it gets around here.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

CBRtist

Still planning on it. But if it hits as a hurricane I won't be able to get to the turnpike, lol. I'd need a boat the way it gets around here.

Have faith Sistah. I wouldn't have made you take off Friday if that were the case. Bet ya some moonshine on this :)

Slowride

Watching the weather channel now. Cat 1 hurricane and lots of rain and huge waves at the shore for the weekend. Monday is still up in the air though. Still leaning towards turning out to sea up our way though.
I am hoping this thing blows out to sea and we all have a great weekend.

Slowride

6f0a6f869dc15b2393e4a4080dd9f1e4.jpg

Slowride

So who knows protocol for a situation like this. If this storm hits on monday will they still run or will they cancel? I know a normal rain we run and have fun getting wet but this is a bit extreme.
If I decide to not go swimming how soon do I need to cancel before I will loose my credits? I read it somewhere but can't remember. Old age is a bitch...
Its still a long way off but my OCD makes me plan ahead for things like this. Like a squirrel prepping for a long winter...
I'll go back on the main sit and tool around to see what I can find.
I am banking on that 1% chance of it going out to sea and us having a great day though.

mpusch

Micah
Serious question on this... What are the procedures if there's going to be a legitimate storm coming through? I know it's still early and people could be wrong, but there is a decent chance that a legitimate hurricane (Class 1/2) may hit New Jersey. Any chance of a ruling from N2/NJMP with some advance warning if things would be called off? I'm all for making the trip despite bad weather (it's never turned me around to date), but I'm not going to be driving 7 hours directly into the heart of a hurricane right next to the Atlantic Ocean.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Serious question on this... What are the procedures if there's going to be a legitimate storm coming through? I know it's still early and people could be wrong, but there is a decent chance that a legitimate hurricane (Class 1/2) may hit New Jersey. Any chance of a ruling from N2/NJMP with some advance warning if things would be called off? I'm all for making the trip despite bad weather (it's never turned me around to date), but I'm not going to be driving 7 hours directly into the heart of a hurricane right next to the Atlantic Ocean.

If you ain't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

mpusch

Micah
Don't get me wrong, im not afraid of a bad forecast! Had plenty of track time last year at njmp because of a rainy forecast turned great weather. Didn't stop me from making the drive. But an actual (potential) hurricane is a little bit different... Guess I'll just have to keep an eye on how things change over the next couple days.