njmp configurations

sternsi

Control Rider
let her run open on the front straight. there is NO reason my little 600 can pass you there!!!:poorguy:

snikwad

i cant even imagine runing without, that bump at the top of the hill must be insane.
however if my memory serves me right, the runnoff for the right hander after the hill isnt much, so coming over the hill balls out and messing that one up is bad juju.

i dunno, ill take whatever, but i did enjoy thw chicane a lot.
very grippy the chicane rumble strips are. :eek:

Morph

Control Rider
sternsi;31780 wrote: let her run open on the front straight. there is NO reason my little 600 can pass you there!!!:poorguy:

OMG the G class speaks!!!!

BTW you know you love that course w/o that second chicane....admit it

RyanITV

Admin
Bubba Zanetti;31765 wrote: Damn!
Morph, are you the 'official' beating dummy of the mid-atlantic region or something?
BZ
Nah, just the one with the most HP! :D My 1098R had NOTHING for him on the straight (and that's with the race ecu/full system ~ 189hp/99tq).

Ryan

snikwad

RyanITV;31786 wrote: Nah, just the one with the most HP! :D My 1098R had NOTHING for him on the straight (and that's with the race ecu/full system ~ 189hp/99tq).

Ryan
hahhaa, Morphs peak HP is still undetermined. I swear it changed by 1hp ever trackday i sat in his class.

snikwad

Morph;31795 wrote: Oh your goona love this seasons Mod's
:haha:word? are you at 200 yet?
i got a few nice ones in the works myself, but no power mods, just stuff to turn and stop better. and some blingage.

RyanITV

Admin
Morph;31795 wrote: Oh your goona love this seasons Mod's
Ha! My only upgrade on the 1098R this winter was a good master cylinder to replace the spongy piece of crap on it. You can have the HP - I'll just brake later... :D

Ryan

sternsi

Control Rider
BTW you know you love that course w/o that second chicane....admit it
Yes, I like it more without the chicane. I like it with as well, but not as much. Can't wait to get back out on it this year. Hopefully it is still in good shape after the winter.

I am gonna have 115 HP this year!!!!;)

Steve

PJZOCC17;31670 wrote: Yeah, I dont THINK we will run the first one, but again, I'd like to know prior to showing up.

Hey Steve! Hope you had a great holiday season and happy new year!!! You planning on going to NJMP in April?
Hey PJ,

Thanks, hope you had a great holiday and will have a happy new year too! I haven't decided if I'm going to the April dates yet. I told my friends in PA I'd go fishing with them the opening day of trout season (it was a big deal when we were kids) and I think it's that weekend. But, I'm always jonesing for the track in the spring, so we'll see. I'll let you know if/when I decide.

Steve

Steve

Geoff Doyer;31688 wrote: We have no plans on running the first chicane at this time. Some like the 2nd chicane and some prefer no chicane. We would like to run the track in the same configuration that the AMA will run it but we don't yet know what they will use. There seems to be an awful lot of crashing there in the second chicane and that might influence the decision on what configuration to run in the future. I think by the end of the 09 we will have a consistent way to run the track but right now we are trying things out. I'd love to hear more opinions from the members on what they like best and why...
Geoff,

If I HAD to pick one it would be without the chicanes, but I like it both ways we've run it. I def wouldn't want the first chicane, just by looking at it. I think I like the no chicanes best because that's the way we ran it the first day I was there and it took me a session or 2 to like the chicane. :dunno: That and the transitions are a lil bumpy if you're a little offline.

Steve

Bifferone

Just in case people are wondering what the track map looks like, here is a snap.

I did the 2nd chicane and it was a blast. I'd love to do both with or without the 2nd chicane. The 1st should not be used at all. It totally takes away from the straight away thrill of backing it into T1.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Like i said i like both i just dont like the idea of doing one configuration the first day and another the second day. I wouldn't mind different configurations on different weekends

PARedVFRRider

dale.b;31704 wrote: I like both configurations (with second chicane, and without).

When we are running the chicane, I look forward to it every lap because it is so technical. A quick flip left, then a quick flip right and the turn opens up making me want to roll on the gas hard. I think that's one of the reasons there are so many crashes there - getting throttle happy while leaned over.

I don't think there is another chicane in the northeast like it. As long as people aren't being injured I'd love to continue riding it.
Well I've run it both ways, the first time Nesba was there in August and again on November 1st. I love the track both ways, but I prefer the second chicane being in there. It makes for a slightly more technical front side of the track.

With that said, I did get a little thottle happy coming out of that chicane in November and I went down:mad:. However, I still prefer running it.

Plus I need to have a chance to redeem myself, that chicane has my number from November. Just got the cast off before Christmas!

PJZOCC624

Well, as long as NESBA says they're not running the first one, then its all good. I like the 2nd for sure, havent experienced the track without them, I just know running BOTH blows.

Is it April yet???? (Oh no... wait... there's like 10 feet of snow in my backyard.... must still be March)