NJMP Reminders for the 2013 Season

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Looking forward to seeing everyone again, the weather is promising this weekend and NJMP is excited to have us back.

Some quick reminders for those attending this weekend (from NJMP):

- In order to increase the safety of all event participants, and to allow emergency services safe passage through our paddock, NJMP will be monitoring a 5’ asphalt encroachment rule (from the asphalt/dirt edge) in the Thunderbolt and Lightning paddock lanes. This will apply to trailers, pop-up tents, parked cars, motorcycles or other pit equipment. Your cooperation in this matter will serve to assist our safety efforts. CLARIFICATION: This means that you can set up from the edge of the asphalt out to 5 feet - I did see someone with a tape measure this weekend who did stop to measure a few pit set-ups. Basically your 10 ft canopy will be half in the grassy (dirt) area with the other half on the asphalt.

- In order to provide a secure facility, the main gate will be closed to arrivals between the hours of 10PM and 6AM, unless the arriving guest has a VIP Suite / Villa key, reservations for a VIP Suite or Villa, or is re-entering with a valid camping permit.

- The use of personal paddock vehicles will be monitored for compliance to safety and speed limits. Please be sure to register your personal paddock vehicles at the front gate upon arrival (additional charge may apply). Clarification:
more information to follow on this.

- The general store is now open at NJMP (where the CDOC store was in the past - at the corner of the building with the "Officer's Club" in the Thunderbolt Course paddock. They sell things like toothbrushes, shaving cream, NJMP apparel, snacks, and drinks. In addition they have a small sitting area with televisions - the building is air conditioned and they welcome participants and spectators who would like to cool off. They will be playing two-wheel races when they are open and air during our events.

To reiterate the point about NJMP rules and regulations: New Jersey is very serious about how it governs and regulates motorsports. Much of the issues at the gate are based on this. Let's work with NJMP security this year - they are going to seem overzealous (best way to put it). If you have issues while at NJMP, please bring them to my or Dave Sanders' attention and I we will work to resolve them quickly.

andykurz

Hey Chris, do you know if there has been any change about gate fees for other vehicles coming in? Road vehicles I mean, not pit bikes?

That required a mild argument with the gate staff a few times last year.

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
I've not been made aware of a changes to gate fees for NESBA members. Gate procedures on NJMP side will likely be more stringent this year as the 10PM to 6AM close period seems inflexible.

The issue with the gate at NJMP is a communications issues between track management and security. This isn't self-correcting, but I can say that it should improve this year. One thing I've found is that much of the rules and regulations that NJMP follows are not their own rather they are state mandated rules for the venue. It is easy to look outside in and throw stones (I'm guilty), but as I've taken a hard look at this they try real hard to balance following their rules and regs and making their customers happy.

This is purely speculation: the repsonsibility and accountablility falls on the security department at NJMP. They take the full force of the jokes, the criticism, and the blame for trying to follow the rules. NJ takes this stuff very seriously. I won't say other states are lacking or not following rules, but that is how it might appear, only because NJ does a good job of regulating AND ENFORCING these kinds of venues (racing in particular).

None of this means the heated discussions at the gate will stop, but hopefully they will fade. New contact procedures are in place for gate staff which I hope will mitigate issues.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
If the people at the gate give you a hard time, consider they're just doing thier jobs and cut them a little slack.

I was a the YCRS in June last year...listening to Ken and Nick instruct on pit out...and a NJMP official came and told me it's NJ law that people cannot wear shorts past the fence and onto the track. He was even apologetic about it. No problem..I went to my rig, threw on some sweat pants and life moved on.

andykurz

I think I was misunderstood: when I say "mild argument," I mean, it had to be debated, but people were always let through. I have no problem with the folks at the gate, they have always been nice to me. Never got heated.

I just wanted to make sure gate policies hadn't changed.

dbarufaldi

Hey Chris,

Bit of a typo in your first bullet, but I'm assuming that's a 5 foot encroachment rule? This means setting up the trailer/pop-up, chairs, tables, etc at least 5 feet back from the edge of the asphalt?

Are you also saying the bikes should be parked off the asphalt, and on the dirt?

Dan B

andykurz

I think it means your stuff can go out 5 feet on to the pavement, but no more, everything else is back on the grass (dirt).

blavenia

dbarufaldi;268606 wrote: Hey Chris,

Bit of a typo in your first bullet, but I'm assuming that's a 5 foot encroachment rule? This means setting up the trailer/pop-up, chairs, tables, etc at least 5 feet back from the edge of the asphalt?

Are you also saying the bikes should be parked off the asphalt, and on the dirt?

Dan B
This is how I read it as well.

hank

andykurz;268608 wrote: I think it means your stuff can go out 5 feet on to the pavement, but no more, everything else is back on the grass (dirt).
Makes sense and actually will allow the the crash truck and ambulance to safely get through the paddock area... as well as bikes coming off the track.

sdog30

Anybody have a spot in their hotel floor for me and an air mattress. Be willing to throw you some coin. Looking for Friday and Saturday night. Thanks.

BleedingOrange36

I'm getting ready to hop on the bike and take a ride over the njmp.
How's the turnout? I wanted to talk to someone about getting in the track sometime this year.
I'm about 10mins away.

D-Zum

BleedingOrange36;268759 wrote: I'm getting ready to hop on the bike and take a ride over the njmp.
How's the turnout? I wanted to talk to someone about getting in the track sometime this year.
I'm about 10mins away.
What do you want to know? Ask away.

BleedingOrange36

I ended up spending a few hours at the track yesterday. Bunch of great people, felt right at home.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it back today to test the waters.... Still really bummed out.
I'll be in Florida on the next track day at njmp. But expect to see me on the following track day.

D-Zum

BleedingOrange36;268885 wrote: I ended up spending a few hours at the track yesterday. Bunch of great people, felt right at home.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it back today to test the waters.... Still really bummed out.
I'll be in Florida on the next track day at njmp. But expect to see me on the following track day.
Cool! I'll be there April 28/29th for my first weekend of the season...stop buy and introduce yourself. Have a beer with us in the evening.

Look for a Ford Mustang Grabber Blue GSXR1000 #66.

BleedingOrange36

D-Zum;268886 wrote: Cool! I'll be there April 28/29th for my first weekend of the season...stop buy and introduce yourself. Have a beer with us in the evening.

Look for a Ford Mustang Grabber Blue GSXR1000 #66.
Sounds great! I'll be able to swing by on that Monday to meet up. I get back from florida on the Sunday... Wish I could make it

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
BleedingOrange36;268885 wrote: I ended up spending a few hours at the track yesterday. Bunch of great people, felt right at home.
Was good chatting with you saturday. See you at the end of the month

andykurz

Note that electricity fees at NJMP seem to have been lowered to $10 per day. The "sticky" track FAQ page is locked, but it lists $20. I have paid $10 on four or more occasions this year. YMMV!