NJMP - Thunderbolt May 4th Roll Call!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Let me talk to my crew chief (my brother) and see if he has any he can bring. I'm useless with the technical stuff so to clarify, are you looking for the dzus fasteners?
Rivet or clip-on type? Unfortunately, I don't have any spares. I'm not from the Trenton area so I'm of no help there, either, but most bike shops are closed on Sundays anyway. If you need to order more in the future, I can recommend kuveygirl.com

Edit: just had another thought....CCS is racing at NJMP today. Miles will be there for Street and Comp, vending. He might have them. You'd have to pay a spectator fee to get in...

Last edited:

motorkas

I've given up hoping for a pass in the the corners with you. I'm perfectly content with a pass on the straights with my 190 horsepower vs. your 50? Baby steps! And then i can edit the video....

Let me talk to my crew chief (my brother) and see if he has any he can bring. I'm useless with the technical stuff so to clarify, are you looking for the dzus fasteners?

Unfortunately, don't have any extra Dzus clips. . .if I did, would have been more than happy to give them to you!

jkreth901

What a great day yesterday! Thank you so much to everyone at N2! Specifically Judy who was basically my private instructor all day. She was unbelievably patient, and always right there to critique and give advice to help me get faster. The few times that she was held up ( helping slower first time guys in our group), it seemed that another control rider suddenly appeared and gave me the "follow me". I never felt for a second that I wasn't getting personal instruction. So on my first ever track day on a bike, i went from, in the first session being lapped before i completed my first lap, to running almost an entire session before any of the other riders caught up. (I went out last). I am still VERY far from being fast, but the improvement was so much faster than I expected. The discussion at lunch with Nick from YCRS put me on the right path with the braking and alot changed after that. Again thank you so much to everyone at N2, Lenny and Judy for going above and beyond to make me feel at home and among friends. I cant wait to come back!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Glad you had a good time. It was a great day for sure. It still amazes me that we only had what 20 members in at the lunch meeting? There were 7 CR's sitting in there listening. The information you were GIVEN in that meeting is gold! People pay a ton of money for that instruction and it was there for you to soak up for FREE. We were able to ask Nick anything we wanted. Victor asked about the braking and YCRS has a great way to present it to you that can make an idiot like me understand. Priceless.

Pseudolus

What a great day yesterday! Thank you so much to everyone at N2! Specifically Judy who was basically my private instructor all day. She was unbelievably patient, and always right there to critique and give advice to help me get faster. The few times that she was held up ( helping slower first time guys in our group), it seemed that another control rider suddenly appeared and gave me the "follow me". I never felt for a second that I wasn't getting personal instruction. So on my first ever track day on a bike, i went from, in the first session being lapped before i completed my first lap, to running almost an entire session before any of the other riders caught up. (I went out last). I am still VERY far from being fast, but the improvement was so much faster than I expected. The discussion at lunch with Nick from YCRS put me on the right path with the braking and alot changed after that. Again thank you so much to everyone at N2, Lenny and Judy for going above and beyond to make me feel at home and among friends. I cant wait to come back!

There isn't a person that has ridden with this org, that doesn't value Judy and Lenny's feedback. You just had two of the very best at your disposal! Glad you had a great time.

Glad you had a good time. It was a great day for sure. It still amazes me that we only had what 20 members in at the lunch meeting? There were 7 CR's sitting in there listening. The information you were GIVEN in that meeting is gold! People pay a ton of money for that instruction and it was there for you to soak up for FREE. We were able to ask Nick anything we wanted. Victor asked about the braking and YCRS has a great way to present it to you that can make an idiot like me understand. Priceless.

Ok, I've never criticized the org, but we had NO IDEA Nick was giving a lunch session!!!!!! We need louder PA systems! Sure, we were blasting Weezy F baby but come on! If Nick's speaking, they should have people in Buddhist robes walking around raising awareness that the Prophet is speaking! No offense intended to any religions but that man is a motorcyclist's spiritual advisor! His morning speech was in my head all day! And that was a good thing.

Shout out to CR Les for helping me become a student again, to Markbilt for getting me sorted out, and to Ray and Sarah for taking photos of my good side.....:D I love me some N2!

CBRtist

I was surprised at low turnout for lunch too. Although I was late because I lost track of time. It was great to hear Nick talk... such a great, knowledgeable, and engaging speaker.

Apologies for my piss poor performance the 2 sessions I was out and who it might have affected. 83 degrees, new tires, and I was a hot mess. At least it helped me realize I need an indefinite break from this sport until my head (and heart) are back in the game.

Thanks to all the counselors... er I mean CRs... that tended to my mental well being and for their words of support. Hopefully I will see you all around in the future if not riding with you on the track!!!!!! ;)

pgas32

I'd like to echo pretty much everything you said - it was my first time on track too, and even though I only did the Intro program and got 2 sessions instead of the full day, it was a blast. Judy and Lenny were both fantastic and made me feel right at home. I liked it so much that I'll be at SP on Friday!

EddieRo

First day back after a long while and had a blast. No idea about Nick having a lunch session. Would have definitely sat in on that...

Apologies to the CR who was working with me on second to last session of the day (blue/white bike...). I followed you around for a few laps and by the time you waved me by to follow me I was exhausted and had to pit in. Thanks for the tow and would love to know who it was so I could work with them again. I was on the same bike in the photo (#47, white RS Taichi leathers).

Thanks! Track crack...

Ed

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Wendy,
You did a great job out there. You were on line and predictable. I understand it was your first time out since a wreck? Just keep plugging away at it. We all take spills and the quickest way to get over it is to ride (at least for me). Hope to see you out there sooner then later.

CBRtist

Wendy,
You did a great job out there. You were on line and predictable. I understand it was your first time out since a wreck? Just keep plugging away at it. We all take spills and the quickest way to get over it is to ride (at least for me). Hope to see you out there sooner then later.

Thanks for your kind words and was good to see you.

Wish it was that simple. Crash #2 - two broken fingers that I taped up and went out next session. Crash #3 (recent) was TD after Crash #2 where I got knocked out. Got back on this TD, so it's not totally that. A lot currently going on in my big blond coconut.

Besides... more time for those salsa lessons I've been putting off :cool:

Maybe I'll make a Delaware comeback when @Bubba Zanetti comes back ;) Could be months.... could be seasons!!!! lol

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
jkreth and pgas, you guys did fantastic for your first day out!! It was a pleasure to work with you and watch the pace and understanding improve throughout the day! Really glad you had a great time and I look forward to working with you guys again! Pgas, see you at Summit!

Thanks for your kind words and was good to see you.

Wish it was that simple. Crash #2 - two broken fingers that I taped up and went out next session. Crash #3 (recent) was TD after Crash #2 where I got knocked out. Got back on this TD, so it's not totally that. A lot currently going on in my big blond coconut.

Besides... more time for those salsa lessons I've been putting off :cool:

Maybe I'll make a Delaware comeback when @Bubba Zanetti comes back ;) Could be months.... could be seasons!!!! lol

LOL! Who knows when I will return so sounds like we are on the same schedule :p. Come on down to Greenwood and have some margaritas with me!

BZ

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
I was surprised at low turnout for lunch too. Although I was late because I lost track of time. It was great to hear Nick talk... such a great, knowledgeable, and engaging speaker.

Apologies for my piss poor performance the 2 sessions I was out and who it might have affected. 83 degrees, new tires, and I was a hot mess. At least it helped me realize I need an indefinite break from this sport until my head (and heart) are back in the game.

Thanks to all the counselors... er I mean CRs... that tended to my mental well being and for their words of support. Hopefully I will see you all around in the future if not riding with you on the track!!!!!! ;)

Stop with the Crazy Talk girl. We'll be here ready for ya. Don't be a stranger. Just come out and hang out with Friends. Seriously.

raylee

It was awesome seeing everyone again! :D I was kinda tired from the weekend so it was tough bringing my "A" game, but you guys were still gracious enough to give me a bump. I'll be showing up a bit more fresh next time so I can make Dave have to put in a bit more effort to pass me. :eek: