NoVA to Beav - 29th and 30th

JGardy_781

Heading to Beav from Springfield, VA for the 29th and 30th. Looking to drag someone up with me - mostly to stay entertained for the five hours up and back. Got one free spot on my trailer if anyone's interested. Looking to leave DC maybe 7:00 or 8:00 on the 28th, drive up, camp both nights (possibly split a room - never been to beav, not sure what's around...), ride both days, and drive back Sunday night.

/j

JGardy_781

Sorry - planning on leaving in the evening, after work and after spending a little time with the family... Ideally departing sometime between 7pm and 8pm... hopefully only catching the tail-end of the Friday afternoon exodus from DC.

If that works, let me know...

/j

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
if anyone needs a ride, we are heading up in the am-ish....will be hitting a little bit of the southwest portion of the beltway....have 2 spots available

littlelady

JGardy_781;77791 wrote: Sorry - planning on leaving in the evening, after work and after spending a little time with the family... Ideally departing sometime between 7pm and 8pm... hopefully only catching the tail-end of the Friday afternoon exodus from DC.

If that works, let me know...

/j
actually, pm was what I was hoping you were doing... however I am only going to be leaving work that night at 9:30 (based in Williamsburg), so by the time I'd get up to Springfield, it'd be much later than when you are looking to leave!!

lemondrop

wow...are you signed up for beaverun?? that would be one crazy arse crazy and late night!

littlelady

I am-but not the Saturday--I would forsee another crash if I tried to ride. So I figure if I have that morning to recuperate, I'll be good for Sunday:)
that's why i don't mind driving through the night-no traffic! (plus I figured it would have been helpful in that I could do the driving if someone was driving up late, because they could sleep and get the rest for Saturday)

lemondrop

aaaa...yea. I agree that a lack of sleep may not be a good thing for high speeds. Anyways, see ya sunday. Stop on by the taco bar if ya get there saturday evening

JGardy_781

That would be a wicked late night by the time you got back up the DC suburbs - probably won't work out with your timeframe, I'm afraid...

littlelady

JGardy_781;77982 wrote: That would be a wicked late night by the time you got back up the DC suburbs - probably won't work out with your timeframe, I'm afraid...
Ja, next time hopefully!

lemondrop;77972 wrote:
aaaa...yea. I agree that a lack of sleep may not be a good thing for high speeds. Anyways, see ya sunday. Stop on by the taco bar if ya get there saturday evening
Will do :D

JGardy_781

kimmiegrews;78005 wrote: Ja, next time hopefully!
I don't know why, but I'm totally dreading the 5 hours each way...

Think I'm bummed out that there aren't any more weekend JC or NJMP days I can do for the rest of the year...

JGardy_781

kimmiegrews;78096 wrote: Ja, me as well.. It's gonna be a bugger and involve lots of red bulls:p
If I kill my Saturday riding, you maybe want to ride up mid-day Saturday - leaving DC around noon or one - ride Sunday, and come back?

That'd let me do a few hours of dirt riding in the morning on Saturday, you'd keep me awake both ways driving, and still feel like I'm getting some track time in... I'm somewhat unmotivated still, but the wife is pushin' me to go ride, since I've only done 6 days so far this year, and I probably won't get any more in until Barber in November and/or RA in Dec...

Let me know if you'd want to do that...

/j

littlelady

JGardy_781;78116 wrote: If I kill my Saturday riding, you maybe want to ride up mid-day Saturday - leaving DC around noon or one - ride Sunday, and come back?

That'd let me do a few hours of dirt riding in the morning on Saturday, you'd keep me awake both ways driving, and still feel like I'm getting some track time in... I'm somewhat unmotivated still, but the wife is pushin' me to go ride, since I've only done 6 days so far this year, and I probably won't get any more in until Barber in November and/or RA in Dec...

Let me know if you'd want to do that...

/j

That just may work-my bike's sitting up at Joe Vital's place in Martinsburg, WV. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pick it up this coming week, and I was probably going to see about fetching it on-route to the beave--When's the last you'd be able to drop your Saturday riding?