Number one thing to improve NESBA

tym2fly911

bfolkerts;64449 wrote: We're pretty lucky over here in the Mid-Central because we have great dinners every Saturday night - but it does really help the members meet the CR's, and each other. Potlucks usually seem to bring a pretty big crowd at the Blackhawk events - so maybe just make it a tradition that all MW events are potluck - or a $5 dinner (for the moochers :) ). If you want to give wives / family member something to do - get them organized and have them prepare and cook dinner.
:agree: Hell...yes...:adore:

stephenjpauls

I would just like to say as a “Veteran :b:” rider, I’m all for optional classroom instruction between sessions. A body position seminar could also be very helpful, and a track walkthrough with a track map would really rock for new tracks.

I know the CRs have to run Tech & do the CR morning meeting, I’m not sure that they would have time for introductions, but that could help. If not, I know there are times early on that I would follow a CR and wasn’t sure who it was. Putting a big Number or Name on the back of the CR shirts could really help with this.

There is on thing that a number of people suggested that I don’t like at all. I think assigning a CR to a group of beginners would ruin my day. I have done an STT event like this and I understand that it can help out first timers with comfort level. However I hated the format, and will not attend another STT event because of it. I would really hate to see NESBA switch to that format. Now that said, if there was an optional group that did this for the first 2 sessions, it could help some guys with comfort level. There would just have to be a lot of thought put into how it would work so that the regular ‘B’ group could go, while the other group plays follow the leader.

I really like the idea of a “pot luck”. I think a number of us do this already, but getting together as a whole and doing this would be great.

Oh yea, one more thing that could make track days better is to attract some slower :b: group guys so I could feel fast for once! Oh, and any Photoshop gurus out there that can alter one of my pictures so I look like Rossi would be nice as well.

I think that NESBA Rocks! It is by far my track day provider of choice. I have ridden with other groups and the deciding factor is always my availability compared to the track day schedule for a specific track I am interested in riding.

Getting better at this sport is heavily dependent on how much time a rider is willing to dedicate to asking questions, applying advice and practicing. I feel very lucky to have had the help and advice of the Midwest CRs and owe my progression to the "A" group to their willingness to help me get better.

The advice that was given to me early on by Dustin, Marshall, Ron, Brian, Chris and others was to introduce yourself to as many control riders as possible and ask for advice. Being somewhat extroverted and always wanting to learn how to ride safer, under greater control, smoother and faster, I took that advice to heart. Probably bugged those guys more than they wanted me to, but not one of them ever hesitated to offer advice or to give me a swift kick in the ass when I was over thinking things (Thanks to Brian for getting my head out of my ass after my lowside at Putnam when I returned to the track the next day and was riding like a grandmother on a three wheeled bicycle).

Reminding members of their responsibility in getting better and reminding them to actively seek advice and to introduce themselves to the CRs would be a good addition to the riders' meeting.

I also second what brother Hix said about having more Skills Enhancement Days, but I'd also like to add that having one in which advanced riders can also participate would be great as well. We still have plenty to learn and an occasional classroom session for advanced riding techniques would be welcome for many of us in "A" I would think.

If I could change one thing about the midwest, it would be to allow camping at Putnam, but I know that is not within the control of NESBA, it all centers around the agreements that had to be made with the local residents when the track was constructed. Besides, the Cloverdale RV park is pretty decent and cheap...

Jeff

Prix

I'll make this short and sweet and not waste your time of reading alot of crap. Its getting to expensive and with obamas and the rest of the governments great plans it looks like I will have to sell all my shit. And I hate it, its like a piece of me dying.

vanbreezy

Prix;64681 wrote: I'll make this short and sweet and not waste your time of reading alot of crap. Its getting to expensive and with obamas and the rest of the governments great plans it looks like I will have to sell all my shit. And I hate it, its like a piece of me dying.
Man i'm sorry to hear you have to sell all of your shit. But blaming it on Obama who has been in office for 7 months and not blame it on someone who fucked it up over 8 years is a little short sighted . Hold on to your stuff hopefully for all of us it gets straighten out. :idea:

Prix

vanbreezy;64685 wrote: Man i'm sorry to hear you have to sell all of your shit. But blaming it on Obama who has been in office for 7 months and not blame it on someone who fucked it up over 8 years is a little short sighted . Hold on to your stuff hopefully for all of us it gets straighten out. :idea:
Ya but he didnt give it up to everyone else, and you know what your right, its this whole fing liberal government that wants to screw the small business person, so Im sorry I singles one rat out of the whole pack. Feel better

nickmick

nice cleanup, whoever it was (I suspect garth).....but i had to edit this post, as to not sound like an idiot

I may have been spoiled, since all 3 of my trackdays have been with an empty B group, but I think CR attention has been great. Most of the time I never even have to ask. i just pit out, shut my bike off and wait. Then a CR (or two) usually pulls up and starts giving me great advice.

I think a 15 minute "debrief" in B after the 1st session would be very, very helpful. But I think any more "chalk talk" would be too......well, I'll just say it: STT-ish. I think of NESBA as if my friends just rented a track for the day to have fun. I don't want to be assigned a CR, I think multiple opinions are important. Race schools exist, if you want that.

I also like the graduated membership ideas, and non-member day prices. And I think replace the "Intro" session with a "get on the track (gear included, byo bike) for a day for $xxx" deal. New members are critical; this year's I was last year's B.

rk97

could the site accommodate something like a more personalized profile?

I'm never going to get to Barber this season, so I would be cool with making those dates 'invisible' on my registration page.

or the ability to create a hypothetical schedule. I could tag the 10-12 dates I hope to ride, and then i'd get an email warning 3 weeks out to book now and avoid the late fee, or a "only 5 spots left in 'I' group for (track) on (date)"

that would be killer

Prix

rk97;64699 wrote: could the site accommodate something like a more personalized profile?

I'm never going to get to barber this season, so i would be cool with making those dates 'invisible' on my registration page.

Or the ability to create a hypothetical schedule. I could tag the 10-12 dates i hope to ride, and then i'd get an email warning 3 weeks out to book now and avoid the late fee, or a "only 5 spots left in 'i' group for (track) on (date)"

that would be killer
hahaha after this state budget goes through count wisconsin out soon enough

liteitup

Well reading through I agree with a lot of ideas.

-membership fee is cool (great benefits, crash ins, rain days, etc)
-some kind of option for newbie newbs to follow CR or get followed would be nice
-change new riders being able to start in 'I', I think everyone should start in B, then get bumped as needed
-gear for intro riders (more cheaper rentals maybe)
-optional second B meeting during lunch would be helpful to answer questions and what not
-if this is a 'club' then we should be more involved with each other, cookouts at track or whatever

nickmick

rk97;64699 wrote: or the ability to create a hypothetical schedule. I could tag the 10-12 dates I hope to ride, and then i'd get an email warning 3 weeks out to book now and avoid the late fee, or a "only 5 spots left in 'I' group for (track) on (date)"
haha, that would be really evil....

and keep sending emails as they get filled

4 spots left....
3 spots left....

rk97

liteitup;64704 -if this is a 'club' then we should be more involved with each other said:
fund-raising.[/b]

maybe you pay $75 for your membership with the option to earn that money back in credits for some kind of service at the track?

air-fence setup is $10/hour 'credit' (you max out at breaking even on membership - can't 'profit'). what other 'jobs' are there?

fund-raising, done right, could be really beneficial. Membership drives at sponsoring Yamaha dealers. It seems like the local afternoon drive guy is at some MC dealership every sunday around here.

I'd work a NESBA booth and bring my 'race bike' up to be on display.

Prix

rk97;64702 wrote: dude, we get it - you're not doing so hot financially. I don't think any of us are having a banner year.

sorry.

but please take your politics thread over to the WERA board where eguments are more welcome.
they have an entire section for this http://forums.13x.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50
Sorry did I ruin your day, I forgot this is the happy go lucky fun board all the time, WERA much be were all the malcontents are.

Matt

jkrueger;64453 wrote: From reading responses I would just like to add that I think the bump process is fine as is. I would not be in favor of the try the next group up for 2 sessions just to see how it goes.
Agreed. It isn't likely the bump process will change. NESBA's :A: group is held in high regard and I feel we need to keep it that way.

bfolkerts;64449 wrote: Lastly - we all know NESBA guys dominate the local races - and have for quite a while. Be proud of that - and maybe help spread the word at races. Give NESBA guys / CRs that race a giant NESBA banner / trailer size decal, and a bunch of NESBA literature.

New racers will quickly see "wow, these fast bastards are all apart of this NESBA cult...wtf am i missing?"
I like that idea!!!

stephenjpauls;64554 wrote:

Oh, and any Photoshop gurus out there that can alter one of my pictures so I look like Rossi would be nice as well.
I did my best :)

steve-p-rossi.jpg

Prix

hey

another thing I was going to put some stickers on my trailer and bike (when it does actually make it out) but the www.nesbastore has been underconstruction since last year I think, any time table as far as when thats going to be up.

Matt

The directors have stickers at the events..

I'll mention that they should get put out at registration.

liteitup

I think the idea that everyone is online and reads all the time (like me) is incorrect. As much as Id like to believe that people use the web as a valuable resource, lots of people are too busy or whatever to get on this forum and such. I think there should be a big banner (TRACKTALK.NESBA.COM, Log in to learn more!) or something along those lines.
Simple and effective, imo.
I for one found out about Nesba through research and online browsing. But isnt that how you find out about all the other track day orgs? I dont think any org advertises do they? If they have I sure haven't seen any. Marketing and advertising would be good to an extent but would it be worth it? I dont think so.
Ive only been to 3 trackdays, all with Nesba, and I still feel a little intimidated by the CRs. Im not all that outgoing to begin with so if they could maybe walk up and down the pits to introduce themselves to people or just converse, I think that would be helpful.