Number864's Videos

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Not a mirror, just a "Bo Sensor". It flashes on the dash and lets me know I should pit in before you can pass me! :haha:

borislav

Control Rider
Number864;291889 wrote: Not a mirror, just a "Bo Sensor". It flashes on the dash and lets me know I should pit in before you can pass me! :haha:
Hahaa that's a good one!:D

MANIX

Control Rider
Sweet vids man. You got great style. Love the one where my motor popped. The last lap for that poor old girl. Lol

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Otto Man;291892 wrote: What's the program/laptimer/etc you're using to put the map data info on? That's sweet!
So I got the idea for this setup from Jeff and Chris. It is an android phone running an app connected to a gps receiver via bluetooth.

Phone: Any android phone will work and it does not need to be activated. Wifi is good enough to download apps and sync data.
App: http://trackmaster.trackaroo.com/welcome
Bluetooth GPS Receiver: http://www.amazon.com/BT-Q818XT-Qstarz-10Hz-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B003YCZINA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1381887331&sr=1-1&keywords=qstarz+818xt

If you look in the 10/6 2PM vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-xrfC-jSj4), in the shot facing forward from the tail you can see the receiver taped to the top of the tail with blue painters' tape.

The idea is simple: Before going out, turn on the GPS receiver, start the app in circuit mode which allows it to start logging data when you cross the first split marker the first time, then lock the phone and throw it in your jacket pocket.

Once you finish a session you stop the app from logging data. At this point you can look on the phone at your lap times, lap graphs (green/blue/red tracks), splits, graphs and even overlay different laps on top of one another. It also shows you your best rolling lap and your ideal theoretical lap where it links all your fastest split times. You can adjust splits on the fly. When you sync the app data to the app's main site, you get something like this: http://www.mytrackmaster.com/#SessionPlace:ag1teXRyYWNrbWFzdGVychwLEgRVc2VyGOCLpQIMCxIHU2Vzc2lvbhiVngMM
The website seems to be a little buggy, as two of the laps look like they got corrupted, but so far it's been pretty good. This same session looks fine on the phone.

In order to get the little video overlay I have, you need to do the following:
1) In the session, you need to export the data as Video Data which is an option within the app. This exports everything to a single csv file that you can email to yourself.
2) Download and install Racechrono2AVI: http://racechrono2avi.software.informer.com/ on your pc
3) Open racechrono2avi and design a little screen of GUI elements. Once you have your GUI set, you open the csv file and record your laps to an avi file.
4) Once this completes, you can use software like adobe premiere or sony vegas pro and overlay the two feeds.

The hardest part was syncing up the two video feeds. If you make your first split marker right on the start/finish line, you just need to scroll to it frame by frame till you're just about on it from your gopro and drop the first frame of the gps feed there.

This is definitely a hacky workflow and requires many steps, but it has really helped me improve braking points and visually identify corners that need work. Oh and it doesn't break the bank either.

If anyone wants to set it up, just let me know if you get stuck and I'll be more than happy to help out.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
MANIX;291922 wrote: Sweet vids man. You got great style. Love the one where my motor popped. The last lap for that poor old girl. Lol
Thanks Kenny! Yeah when we went into the bowl and the yellow was waving I had no idea what to expect. Definitely did not expect a white cloud!

Glad you got her back together, that was quite a story :D

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Really nice setup Scott .... thanks for sharing with us. We all know you have great body position and good lines.... but it's obvious that you have to thrash your bike to hang with the pack in some spots. So when did you say your new bike arrives? :)

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Smithereens;291977 wrote: Really nice setup Scott .... thanks for sharing with us. We all know you have great body position and good lines.... but it's obvious that you have to thrash your bike to hang with the pack in some spots. So when did you say your new bike arrives? :)
Thanks Kris.
I know - It pains me greatly to see Slow Steve walk me on the straight while I'm WOT. :)
We'll see....

Greg ZX6R

Number864;291985 wrote: Thanks Kris.
It pains me greatly to see Slow Steve walk me on the straight while I'm WOT. :)
We'll see....
He does the same to me, but I just chalk it up to his 20lb and 20hp advantage.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Number864;291985 wrote: Thanks Kris.
I know - It pains me greatly to see Slow Steve walk me on the straight while I'm WOT. :)
We'll see....
And I'm only in 4th gear not even to red line !:wow: It's all Lenny's fault, he built the bike. Thanks, Lenny:D
Sanders didn't have any trouble staying with me down the front straight with his 600..

borislav

Control Rider
Slow Steve;292002 wrote: And I'm only in 4th gear not even to red line !:wow: It's all Lenny's fault, he built the bike. Thanks, Lenny:D
Sanders didn't have any trouble staying with me down the front straight with his 600..
Scot and his excuses:Bo sensor PULL IN,PULL IN...Steve walks away from me...now Greg too...:rolleyes::D
Scot my friend you need to work on your setting up people to pass strategy.Just pay attention on few of your videos and you'll see you have more speed than some people in front of you but you can't make the pass because you are following them TOO CLOSE!

ScottLevy

Control Rider
borislav;292012 wrote: Scot and his excuses:Bo sensor PULL IN,PULL IN...Steve walks away from me...now Greg too...:rolleyes::D
Scot my friend you need to work on your setting up people to pass strategy.Just pay attention on few of your videos and you'll see you have more speed than some people in front of you but you can't make the pass because you are following them TOO CLOSE!
I remember our conversation and I agree with you. I was able to reel them in, but wasn't able to pass in some situations. Having more horse would be the easy way out I suppose... :D then again I'm on stock everything...from '04...after 34k mi, she doesn't move like she used to...

borislav

Control Rider
Number864;292033 wrote: I remember our conversation and I agree with you. I was able to reel them in, but wasn't able to pass in some situations. Having more horse would be the easy way out I suppose... :D then again I'm on stock everything...from '04...after 34k mi, she doesn't move like she used to...
04'all stock and 34K!!!
Scot you are doing MIGHTY FINE with what you have!!!!!;)