Numbers on helmets

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
I don't know what the correct venue or thread would be for this suggestion, but here goes:

How about requiring riders to have their bike number conspicuously displayed on the back of the helmet? There's been too many times when I didn't report a rules infraction because I honestly couldn't tell who it was. I put my number on the back of my helmet specifically to make it easier to hold me accountable if I do something dumb.

geckert

That could help in other ways. I know plenty of times i would be following a CR and i would only remember 'he had a dual exhaust' hmmmm...

Meat

Kind of like a tramp stamp (tattoo on lower back/ upper buttocks) but for track riders.

NoBull

I would hate to put something like that on my nice helmet. I would rather suggest putting your number on your undertail.

meowculpa

ninjamansc;86093 wrote: How about requiring riders to have their bike number conspicuously displayed on the back of the helmet?
:eek: i hope not!!
it's a sacrilege to tarnish the beautiful vermulen/ duhamel graphics on my helmets... [to me they are michaelangeloesque] :adore:
besides if all errors are caught and dealt with trackside, how do you make the boards interesting? :D

Landshark

Control Rider
meowculpa;86157 wrote: :eek: i hope not!!
it's a sacrilege to tarnish the beautiful vermulen/ duhamel graphics on my helmets... [to me they are michaelangeloesque] :adore:
besides if all errors are caught and dealt with trackside, how do you make the boards interesting? :D

Are you back?

PJZOCC624

I prefer to follow the rider to his pit and wave my arms wildly at the nearest CR/director, point to the guy and yell "THIS GUY RIGHT HERE!!!! HE'S AN IDIOT!!!"

I wouldn't be opposed to the # on my helmet, but with some of the wild graphics on lids the number might not be very easy to see, unless it was BIGish.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Good idea to be able to see the number from behind, but I'd also prefer it on the undertail. I think it would be hard to see on the "graphics intensive" helmets, plus, it would mess up the look of said helmets.:D

geckert

dbakerpa;86535 wrote: There is always the paint gun option. You would have to consider where to mount it though.
CR's riding around with paintball guns marking all the bad guys!! :popcorn: I would love to watch.

Mr.DJ

geckert;86709 wrote: CR's riding around with paintball guns marking all the bad guys!! :popcorn: I would love to watch.
Right on the nose - CO2 cartridge in sub-frame. Get some cross-hairs on the windscreen.

Blue Leader - "I see a bogey approaching T3"

Control - " Copy that!"

Blue Leader - " Confirmed inside pass - permission to engage?"

Control - " inside pass, copy - permission granted"

Blue Leader - " FOX One!" or really "Guns!!!! "

Blue 3 - "Pull up, Pull up - eject eject "

Blue Leadar - " I anit gonna make it. AHhhhhhhh!!!!!"

Trent1098S

Oh no... that's just wrong. They'd just cruise around all day marking the backmarkers.

Besides, I already get buzzed enough by CR fly-by's, I don't need to get shot by them too! :)

Mr. Blindrider

LMAO There would be waaay too much fun in that for us CR's. Iceman....uhh....DJ, you can be my wingman anytime.:D

Orrr go with Independents Day "Now that's what I call a close encounter". Inside pass

Let's do it!!!!!!

Trent1098S

I guarantee that if you shoot me with a paintball gun while I'm on the track, I'm first going to kick your ass. When I'm done with that, I'll make you lick my leathers clean. Then we can have a beer or something and kick back. :)