Numbers on helmets

butchf

"numbers on the helmet" is actually a very good safety suggestion. Let's think about a multiple bike incident. How do you know who belongs to what bike? CCS racing requires numbers on the helmet for just that reason.

Mr.DJ

Trent1098S;87469 wrote: We all have wristbands with our member #'s and bike #'s on them.
Yup. If someone is transported, we ask medical (if possible) to provide the director with the wristband. We use that to notify pit crew, and if applicable issue credits.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
In a multibike accident they may want to transport only one rider and part of that is taking the helmet. If both or more riders take their helmet off it can create a mixup.

dean

If this goes through or if anyone is interested, I wouldn't mind helping out here. Those of you concerned with a color match need to just post a picture of your helmet and I can work with the scheme similar to the attached photos. Anything else, hopefully I can help.

By the way, the pictures show a two-color. You can simply get your numbers cut from a contrasting color of your lid and place them on the back.

rk97

HondaGalToo;86239 wrote: Good idea to be able to see the number from behind, but I'd also prefer it on the undertail.
i would have expected HONDA-Gal to realize that this isn't a viable option for those of us with under-tail exhausts; even if she is riding a suzuki these days :p

Judy, i always recognize your bike anyway. Every time i see it, I think to myself, "man that's an awesome paint job for a track bike." :D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rk97;87676 wrote: i would have expected HONDA-Gal to realize that this isn't a viable option for those of us with under-tail exhausts; even if she is riding a suzuki these days :p

Judy, i always recognize your bike anyway. Every time i see it, I think to myself, "man that's an awesome paint job for a track bike." :D

Haha, yeah, I forgot about undertails! :doh: My 929 has a traditional side exhaust! Just stick the numbers on the exhaust, LOL.

Thanks for the props on my paint job. JZ does awesome work!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
dean;87679 wrote: I can do those to:
Well, if we have to do this, you know I'll be contacting you! The numbers you made for the front of my bike look awesome (see my avatar! Well, it's a small picture...) :)

dean

HondaGalToo;87694 wrote: Well, if we have to do this, you know I'll be contacting you! The numbers you made for the front of my bike look awesome
You are quite welcome :adore:

BigBird

+1 on dcdecals

got the helmet #s and the front numbers and name and they look great!

Thanks for a great job!

Folly1

Meat

Meat;86126 wrote: Kind of like a tramp stamp (tattoo on lower back/ upper buttocks) but for track riders.
Meat,

Is that the reason for the tramp stamp, so you can sort out who was who the next morning?

Ben.

Ruhe52

Ben that's how it used to be before he found the love of a good woman

Meat's room looked like a scene out of Caligula every morning

Meat

cyclerant;89749 wrote: Ben that's how it used to be before he found the love of a good woman

Meat's room looked like a scene out of Caligula every morning
I can't deny either comment, but all I can say is that I am a really lucky man to have a chick that will put up with my sordid past.

dean

BigBird;89431 wrote: +1 on dcdecals. got the helmet #s and the front numbers and name and they look great! Thanks for a great job!
You are very welcome and thank you!!

ckruzel

here is a picture of huntley nash's numbers i made for his helmet

elw91.jpg

09.jpg

ThorkhIb73

Numbers on helmets

I dont have a bike yet, but I think i remember reading in the manual for my state that Snell certified helmets have to allow for a certain field of vision. I would assume that at the smaller sizes they do not allow for enough FOV to be approved.

geckert

ckruzel;90573 wrote: here is a picture of huntley nash's numbers i made for his helmet

elw91.jpg

09.jpg
I want some of these helmet numbers with the same style and size but different colors . Can I just email you because I dont understand the ordering forms on your website?

jay956

ThorkhIb73;91998 wrote: I dont have a bike yet, but I think i remember reading in the manual for my state that Snell certified helmets have to allow for a certain field of vision. I would assume that at the smaller sizes they do not allow for enough FOV to be approved.
what are you talking about

ckruzel

PJZOCC17;86212 wrote: I prefer to follow the rider to his pit and wave my arms wildly at the nearest CR/director, point to the guy and yell "THIS GUY RIGHT HERE!!!! HE'S AN IDIOT!!!"

I wouldn't be opposed to the # on my helmet, but with some of the wild graphics on lids the number might not be very easy to see, unless it was BIGish.
a cut number, yes, a printed one with an outline would show up very well, i think ccs requires it this year, i have done a bunch, i usually do some abstract number with a color fade, white outline black shadow and an outline, sorta looks better than a single color number only, i posted a picture a while back of huntley nash's helmet from superbike planet showing the numbers i make for him, although he changes things up all the time so they change from race to race