Off season NC off road riding, anyone?

bmart

Control Rider
Hey all, this thread has been quiet, but I'm getting out nearly every weekend with some buds for 45-75 miles of off road easy riding. If anyone is interested, chime in or PM me. The rides I've been going on are out of Uwharrie, Collettesville, or just north of Statesville.

You can see the (lack of) level of difficulty on my YT channel in my sig.

A few shots from last weekend. One bud on a Royal Enfield and another on one of those automatic bikes (DCXT+?). It isn't track days, but it is a lot of fun.

A lot of esses.jpg

Construction glop.jpg

Curves in farmland.jpg

Steep sides.jpg

bmart

Control Rider
I hope that y'all are enjoying winter!

Going NW of Statesville on Sunday. Let me know if you want to join.

A few shots from last week in the NC mountains:

Andy rallying at 38.JPG

Da river.JPG

Loose and behind.JPG

No lunch pros.JPG

Right road pros.JPG

Waving pros by.JPG

Laszlo

Nice! In South NJ, near Pinebarrens, which is also good riding; otherwise if I was closer I’d.totally join!

bmart

Control Rider
You're always welcome! I have a nice gang of guys to ride with so I rarely have to go alone on any of these rides, so that's pretty great.

bmart

Control Rider
Hey all. My track season isn't here yet and I'm still riding off road (my off season). Planning to get out NW of Morganton, NC Friday this week. Chime in if you're interested. I have to finish killing this tire before the BDR coming up soon!

Laszlo

Hey all. My track season isn't here yet and I'm still riding off road (my off season). Planning to get out NW of Morganton, NC Friday this week. Chime in if you're interested. I have to finish killing this tire before the BDR coming up soon!
Have fun and if I lived near there I’d go. I’m in South NJ around ZipCode 08085 and often hit the Pine Barrens for some legal off-roading on my Africa Twin . . . So, light off-roading since it’s a capable bike but beyond my capability on some more technical or sandy stuff and I’m not keen on picking it up more than about three of our times. Have a good time and hit me up if you’re ever around here and want to go out. Lots of good legal trails (Spurge from Revzilla rides around the PB as well; it’s my version of spotting the Sasquatch or the Jersey Devil :)

bmart

Control Rider
Anyone remember Lincoln Logs? This ride was log-a-licious. It was a fun day. It is time...for a front tire.

20230331_215006.jpgGH010505sm.jpgGH010506-1sm.jpgGH010506sm.jpgGH010507-2sm.jpgGH010507sm.jpg
GH020506-2sm.jpgGH040504-3sm.jpg

bmart

Control Rider
Bueller(s), Off road season for me is about to start. Same old story. Anyone is welcome anytime. If you want company from any of my locations, post up and we'll work something out.

Same old story for me. I go on low key, pretty rides. No gnarly single track. Forest/service roads only. Low pressure & fun. Some folks who show are on full dirt setups, other on adventure/Royal Enfields. It can be done!

Uwharrie non trails. Morganton, NC starting point, Love Valley area are my norms.

bmart

Control Rider
Riding Love Valley tomorrow with a bud. Chime in in you're interested. Probably 50-80 miles. See the videos link in my sig and search if you want to see what it is like there. Must be street legal, as paved public roads connect the dirt.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Been doing some of the same stuff except up in northern PA. Need to get some better tires for my Tenere 7. Sullivan falls trail, the Nordmont road, forest roads all through the Loyalsock forest. Think I'm going to stop while rifle season comes into effect....too many Philadelphia hunters in the woods! :cautious:

bmart

Control Rider
You're a pal!

We may roll around the forest/service roads of Uwharrie later this week or over the weekend. Anyone is welcome to join. Just chime in.

bmart

Control Rider
In the interest of avoiding any holiday traffic, I'm hitting the forest/service (black) roads at Uwharrie again tomorrow. 50 miles, + or -. Speak up if you want to join.

1700857724408.png

After this weekend I'll likely start hitting trips out of Morganton, which are more challenging (still forest/service roads, not trails).

bmart

Control Rider
Great day. Minimal Jeeps on the service roads.

Planning for Morganton/Collettsville one day next weekend.

bmart

Control Rider
Hoping for an on (probably around Uwharrie forest) and an off road (most likely Love Valley or Uwharrie) ride between Friday to Sunday. Chime in if you want to join us.