Off season plans (mods gear)

snikwad

Things are falling into place, or atleast, set to fall into place, quite nicely. looking forward to the next 2 months.

Dug2

gp suspension cartridges
penske shock
bazzaz tc (has quick shifter)
supercorsas (from marshall @ turn one)
hb sb tail
and try to find a hardcore track partner!

toptaz1000rr

well after 40mph light crash at lightning last time i was there (end of season anyway) i put her to bed on the charger in the heated storage :)

closer we get to season ...i need to fix some deep scuffs on body work ... replace the busted front master with the brembo i got ....

source a remotoe adjuster for that brembo..

MAYBE replace the vortex mounting bracket that got bent on my rearset... (although spoke to tech after the crash and they said .. was not that bad and would pass tech :) )

otherwise think i am done...

OHH and have to source 16.5 FRONT tires.. seem to have 12 rears and NO fronts :(

snikwad

hmm.. well ill be in touch with the case covers.
16.5s are too expensive ans too hard to find. it would be cheaper to lower the front a 1/2 inch. no?

NoBull

1. Fix stumbling idle - DONE
2. Get shock refreshed - DONE (thanks nesba for the Penske deal)
3. winterize bike - DONE
4. Buy Nesba credits on discount - DONE (Thanks again Nesba)
5. Get forks refreshed
6. Should get suit cleaned
7. Pick up something new for the pit area for next year. Not sure what yet.
8. I'd like to get a Ohlins steering damper, but I'd like not to pay $300 for it.
9. New tires (will wait until shortly before season starts)

snikwad

DSC04118.jpg

I didnt take the bike completely apart, just the lower, mid and tail plastics.
and removed the radiator. So with that, i flushed out my cooling system, and there was still lots of dirt in the coolant from my accident years ago. I drained and flushed twice and now im only running water + water wetter.
Burped the system, and it seems to be running cooler already.
i couldnt get the muffler bracket that the micron came with to work, so i reused my old Jardine bracket. the bike still has the plastics removed, so i might go attack it on Wednesday and clean the air filters and remove the PAIR system, tho i dont know if i'll be able to get to it from the top/inside the frame, because i believe the intake is in the way and the radiator stops the intake from being removed.

cool things to note about the Micron system, its all ss except the can, whcih is Ti. but the headers turned red hot while we were heating up the bike to burp the cooling system. Now they have that blueish, color that Ti headers normally have.

The headers have the same oval shape like the stock headers, but seemingly bigger.
the whole system sits closer, the collector pipe routes around the oil pan and is extremely close to it, the mid pipe is mm's away from the swingarm, but clears it, we'll see if it moved and swings and touches it. It sounds wicked, is ss but waaaay lighter than the stock system.
welds are sweet looking.

my exhaust ports look quite clean for such an old bike and running maps from other bikes, its all white in the old headers and the ports, with only a few spots of black carbon deposits.

Unfortunately i forgot my camera at home so i have no pics of any of this. but i will post pics of the system as it sits on the bike soon.
I couldnt figure out how to get my brembo lever off, so ive yet to put on my new Active folding lever
frown.gif

We also finish putting a PC3 and a LeoVince GP style Ti slip on, on his 07 R1. maaaaaanm that fuker sounds wicked. :D

snikwad

racetech tires, pretty rims, and 1 case cover all enroute this week. :)
Gonna fit and drill my track plastics this week most likely.

Still have to drop the forks and go get them serviced, and figure out how to swap to a folding lever on my Brembo MC.

toptaz1000rr

snikwad;38053 wrote: racetech tires, pretty rims, and 1 case cover all enroute this week. :)
Gonna fit and drill my track plastics this week most likely.

Still have to drop the forks and go get them serviced, and figure out how to swap to a folding lever on my Brembo MC.
yo for real ? you got rims ... yo hook me up with your parts guy .. thats sick!!!!

toptaz1000rr

no jokes .. for real... i need some bling like you do ...
my 16.5 march mags dont bling anymore... time to get something new :)

or just re PC them ... HMMMM now there is a thought :)

one can only wait to see huh .. :)

Snow

Thought I'd share a little to. Got some new plastics from Optimal Racing, Some new brake lines from Spiegler along with some new RJL pads. Invested in some bar ends just incase the inevitable happens, got a new wind screen, a new Renthal rear sprocket, and a new set of Power Race sneakers. As far as the body amour, just some new chest protectors.

nrcooled

I got quite a few goodies over the winter including all of the stuff that was necessary and some that wasn't.

I picked up a new MotoGP Kompression 1PC suit, Teknic gloves, and Teknic boots. I pretty much destroyed all of them last season since none of my gear fit properly. My previous suit was too big so when dragging knee I was dragging some suit too. This caused wear on seams and created openings on the suit. My boots fit well but my riding posture sucked for a couple sessions so I was dragging a bit of toe. This actually wore a hole through the toe slider and then though the boot itself. My old Fieldsheer gloves were just at the end of life.

Goodies for the bike that I got and installed include a KR Tuned slip-on, Attack Race plastics, and vinyl wrap job from trackwraps.com and friends. I also picked up a wiring kit from edbargy's website for the 750 to make life a little easier. Now I just need to get some saftey wire pliers to finish up.

My new toy is the TachyonXC camera and tank mount that I can't wait to try out on the bike. I also picked up the Pit Bull Trailer restraint system to avoid ever using tie-downs again :adore: Now I just have to find time to put it on the trailer :dunno: