Off season plans (mods gear)

rk97

my list:

- replace broken rearset bracket from end-of-season crash (DONE)
- change to GP shift on street bike and track bike (have parts for street bike. need longer shift-rod for F2?)
- purchase front stand (DONE)
- return Jim's front stand
- replace brake pads?
- replace brake fluid?
- unfuck exhaust so it clears the swing-arm at full compression
- repair cracks in fairings from last crash (half done - purchased duct tape that matches my paint. fiberglass supplies are on my list)
- buy new/extra helmet (DONE. Scorpion EXO-400 for $89. sweet)
- find leathers for my brother and drag his ass to first intro day of the season (half DONE)

other than that, just save save save for more track time.

thefastlife1

Just picked up a 07 R6, that was laid down the reposed from an auction.
Upgrades include....
1. Hotbodies bodywork
2. GPR Stabilizer
3. Bazzaz QS FI

snikwad

Check this out. I was home yesterday, and I sent my good friend a text message, I was like, "hey fag, I'm chillin in bed in my new race suit, breaking it in, I'm about to take a nap". He wrote back, "I beat you" Then sends me this pic...

Bluenvy

i got GP Suspension internals for the forks, a Penske Triple Clicker Rear shock and a Full Titanium Yosh R55 exhaust and remapped

steph1000

ok!!! now i'm havin second thoughts about showing up at road atlanta with all the good looking parts and matching bikes..i have a piece of crap looking bike compare to you guys..hmmmmm..ok,i'll still go but i will be alone in the far corner..cheers

snikwad

steph1000;38327 wrote: ok!!! now i'm havin second thoughts about showing up at road atlanta with all the good looking parts and matching bikes..i have a piece of crap looking bike compare to you guys..hmmmmm..ok,i'll still go but i will be alone in the far corner..cheers

pretty bikes tend to be slower since we're scared to wreck em.

snikwad

yep, new to me, ive never been there.

So youre coming down all the way from canada just to ride RA?

DFlowe

I've done several things. I switched the master cylinder to a new Brembo RCS. While doing brakes, I added Hel braided steel lines and Vesrah SRJL pads. I switched the chain and sprockets to a new 520 set (thanks for the great deal Derek). I've mounted a new set of Pirelli slicks and I'm ready for Road Atlanta in April. To top it off, I have a new GoPro Hero camera to play with.

I'm looking forward to the new season,

steph1000

ohhh yeah!! 16 hours away to do 2 trackdays...we plan on doing one long trip a year and for the rest of the season we can hit 5 different tracks within a 5 hour drive in canada..we are sooo pumped for this trip,we are talkin about it on a daily basis and its not just about track riding its also about meeting new people,the most amazing people i have met is at the track and i'm a sales manager at a big car dealer ,i meet a lot of people but never like the race track crowd....must be the exhaust fumes that make us all different..lol

snikwad

16hrs aint bad, i guess.
thats what our plan is, on long trip a year. and RA is that long trip, maybe barber next year, otherwise NJMP, Summit and VIR for us. lol

we def are a different bunch for sure, even a little more different from the car trackday guys,they think we're just out of our frikin minds.

steph1000

cool...NJMP seems awesome..that will be next year for us...one group is leaving for barber this week ...they went last year and loved it..

ta2kutz

so for my offseason i decided to shave 50-60lbs off the bike and now i just wonder how much more ill feel as far as acceleration and such....think ill notice a big difference?

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
ta2kutz;38375 wrote: so for my offseason i decided to shave 50-60lbs off the bike and now i just wonder how much more ill feel as far as acceleration and such....think ill notice a big difference?
what did you take off to add up to 50lbs?