Off season plans (mods gear)

snikwad

Ok, I'm bored.
What are you guys changing, fixing, modding on your bikes during the off season?

I got a few things I'm working on, thanks to a fellow nesbian, I got rearsets and 520 conversion going on, and hopefully one of the things I've always wanted to put on my bike. But let's not count the eggs before they hatch.

On the maintenance side, I'm gonna have my forks redone, and hopefully flush my cooling system and find out why it runs hotter than usual in heavy traffic. If I do that, while I have it apart I want to change the intake to a gutted version and remove the flapper system totally. Maybe pair system block plates if I go that deep.
Other than than those I don't really have any other mods I wanna do, or spend money on.

I'm mos def gonna cop a pr of moon boots, I'd like a new suit, but I don't need it. There's this one suomy helmet I want also, but no one seems to have it, its a tad old. The Barros Extreme, I want that thing bad!!!!

So what are you guys doing, I know what my track partner is up to, surely we're not the only two knuckleheads throwing a few dollars at our bikes.

Who else is modding or getting new fly gear, what are you planning on getting, or got already???

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Already swapped out the sprockets and a new chain. Replace all fluids in the bike. Paint a new upper. Repair my other tailsection and paint it. Repair the lower and touch up the paint. I'll be experimenting with camera angles and possibly fabricating some solid mounts. I recently picked up a new lid, a CRG shorty brake lever and I've got some replacement shifter and brake pegs coming. I'll probably swap out the plugs too. Other than that, I'll just try to get my body in shape. It's been too long since I've been in shape and I'm tired of feeling tired. I just need to get some motivation to get my big ass moving. :asleep:

ta2kutz

im doing a few things i was gonna look to get a new bike but i do like the zx7r i have. it can actually hold its own on the straights with most other bikes like newer gsxr750's.
but so far i did the normal winter stuff. oil change put antifreeze in it. got some vortex bars finaly the stock bars suck to change now in the event of an oops i can change them quick. put a new chain and sprocket on already. got some new bodywork. im still messing with that. fixed the overflow bottle leak, i was only running water wetter and water but i want to be sure to keep the ground dry. had to order new steels for the clutch. i was getting a flair when i would shift at higher speeds. went to put springs in knowing they were old. frictions looked great . halfway through the steels were toasted. still need to get some new tires. and maybe a generator for my new to me warmers. i think thats it though. aside from the fairings and clutch its ready for a good nights sleep.
as for gear i bought a set of the gearne boots last year they are sweet and my suit is fairly new i just had lizzy letter it. im shooting to wear that next year, im down 32lbs as of now but the suit still fits good.actually it fits better now.another 20lbs and i hope its not gonna be too big.
i still need to look for gloves i have the teknic moon sells but the basterds kill my knuckles. after a day the tops of my knuckles kill

snikwad

I upgraded to a brembo MC, so I'm looking at my options as far as folding levers and remote adjusters.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I purchased a new pair of boots a couple of months ago. Bike's been winterized...fresh oil, antifreeze, Stabil in the gas. I bought a set of Armour Bodies when NESBA had the promotion a few months back. This winter, I'm going to drill and fit them, then send them for paint. I'd like to get an Ohlins steering damper and upgrade the suspension. We'll see how funds go...
I also need some minor repairs done to my leathers.

Katie785

Get my laptimer fixed, steering damper rebuilt, new tires? haha.. not much going on with my bike this year... if i come across 2k , i might upgrade the suspension from bone stock, but ehh...

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
i picked up a rear Ohilns, some sharkskins, akrapovic Y pipe, two brothers exhaust, PCIII, and a few other little things, now if i could only find a good deal on some fork cartridges (Ohlins, ak20's, race tech, i don't care) I'd be all set

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
new vortext replacement bars (thanks moto)(no thanks to over confidence and T1 at summit)
replace fork seals (still debating on sending them out or fixing them myself)
replace fairing stay with GP Tech stay
new Master and brake pads
attempt to fix fairings
if any money left....go see Drew and get my tank fixed

beac83

Rebuild brake calipers. Lube cables. Fluid / filter changes, winterized with glycol (unheated garage), so in the spring will need to replace with water/wetter. Repair/repaint plastics. New tires for spring, thinking about squeezing in a fork refresh. Picked up a Hero Pro wide angle, so need to mount and test. Dropped off my suit w/Alexa for repair. Ordered some armor upgrades and added a chest protector.

Still need to find a source for safety wire, and a pair of reversing wiring pliers.

Some minor mods on the new to me trailer.

Some work on the street bikes as well.

S3aturnR

i just bought an 08 zx6r at the end of the season. just doing simple stuff to it for next year; tires, stomp grips, frame sliders, seat cowl, brake pads and maybe a lap timer. we'll see...

s3aturnr

BlueMax

I have a short list since most of the stuff was done when I winterized the gsxr.
Install my new XT timer I got from Moon.
Install Carbon Lorraine front brake pads and new front sprocket for gearing purpose.
Find me some Brew Crew stickers. As much as I like the Crew, I'm not going to paint my gsxr Kawi black and green. :D

snikwad

I'm trying find a pr of 08 1000RR front calipers to swap unto my bike.

I'm also undecided on rotors. Might keep the stockers, and just refinish em, or I might go with some iron anchors. Depend on the deal I get, altho my brembo hookup is already mad low.

I've had a set of track plastics for almost 2 yrs now and I've never fitted them to the bike. I might do that too, but I'm so lazy, I'm like, meh I'll wait till I wreck the street skins to mount em.

Also toying with the idea of sending my leathers to lizzy and having a aero hump sewn unto it. That's really all I want, I love my suit.

Upgrading tire warmers to CH or suzuka, but I'm really trying to have some girl buy that for me. Lol
Anyone wanna buy my tyresox set for $70 they don't fit over my 190/55 very well.

mike574

I'll take the tire sox off your hands.

Me I need every thing gear wise excrpt leathers. Helmet/gloves/boots are past there due dates so time for new gear. Any advise on helmets that fit like an Arai so I can widen my search. Worn an Arai for as long as I can remember, and love the way they fit, but money is tight and I want to jump on the first deal I find on a good helmet.

Also need to make my bike pass WERA tech so I can do a race or 2 next year.

ta2kutz

lemondrop check out cogentdynamics.com
rick is a great guy and knows his stuff. i had bandit forks done by him with custom valving and they were super sweet.
and thats a non adjustable fork.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
ta2kutz;28748 wrote: lemondrop check out cogentdynamics.com
rick is a great guy and knows his stuff. i had bandit forks done by him with custom valving and they were super sweet.
and thats a non adjustable fork.
huh??? that website is a marketing firm in hong kong.......??

ta2kutz

he goes by the name ncrick on other forums. and he is part of the desmo group.
i think a few other guys here have used him for their stuff.
the f4i, does that have adjusters for rebound and compression? if it only has preload its like my bandit was. i hated to get rid of the forks but i went to usd for the looks. but when i had them done they were perfect. hard to do too on a 515lb bike.

snikwad

I think I'm gonna try my best to put on my ss clutch line that I've had for a year now sitting at home.