Ohlins question

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I wanted to see if anyone out there has information on the Ohlins TTX GP shock. Specifically, what is the maximum number of adjustment clicks on the compression and rebound settings. I got the bike with the shock already on the bike, so I have no documentation. I did find a .pdf of the shock, but it is very limited in it's information. What I have come to find out is that I can turn out or counterclockwise both the compression and rebound adjusters on the shock. When turning in or clockwise, eventually it will end, but I have not been able to find the max turns out. Does anyone have any insight?

bmart

Control Rider
I would think that there is a stop at each end, full in and full out. Or the adjuster will come out in your hand showering you with expensive oil...but I doubt it.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Jim,

I am in Phoenix though Wednesday night but I know I still have my ttx original paperwork and owners manual, I’ll take pictures and send them to you vi email.

Tom

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
It took some time, but I verified that the compression adjuster went out 60 clicks and back to 0. I got tired of counting and didn't try to go further. I'll throw some more time at it tomorrow. Eric, that chart is not of the TTX GP. It does not have high and low speed adjusters. It does show that shock to have 40 and 50 max clicks. I've never heard of a shock having that great of a range before.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Knew it wasn't the gp but a reference for total adjustability, I know my ttx has a pretty wide range of clicks. Wasn't sure if you thought your needles weren't seating properly, or what. Email mdm he probably knows full range on top of his head. I don't remember any of my documentation with my suspension telling me the total range clicks available.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I have the same shock and I think my max was about 30 clicks but I never go past 20 clicks of compression or rebound, I like my bike setup on the stiff side. If you haven't already maybe you should get it serviced, especially if you don't have documentation on it.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
The shock is working as it should, it's just the issue of the adjusters turning out so much. I am going to sit down tonight and count the number of time it turns out. I will stop at 200 clicks though.

As far as documentation goes, I was only looking for a manual. The guy I bought it from had refreshed the shock one race prior to selling it to me and I have found him to be very trustworthy in that respect. My plan was to get it serviced prior to the season starting, but got concerned when we were talking about settings.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
If you ever need to see the physical one, I think I have the manual for the TTX GP

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
UPDATE: I took the compression adjuster out 204 clicks with no sign of it stopping. However, it only went back in 64 clicks. I then opened it back out exactly 64 clicks and then back in 64 clicks and it stopped exactly. So, that leads me to believe that there are 64 total clicks of adjustability, and any further out means nothing.

Kurt_Orban

UPDATE: I took the compression adjuster out 204 clicks with no sign of it stopping. However, it only went back in 64 clicks. I then opened it back out exactly 64 clicks and then back in 64 clicks and it stopped exactly. So, that leads me to believe that there are 64 total clicks of adjustability, and any further out means nothing.
Send it out for servicing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

borislav

Control Rider
I have TTX GP on my R6 and also have manual, if I remember I'll look it up tonight and let you know.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I'm off today, so I pulled it off the bike and ran it over to MRP Motorsports for them to do a refresh. I'll get back to everyone when they finish and let me know the results of the inspection.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
MRP Motorsports just finished the shock and informed me the adjusters were functioning properly and that they are supposed to work like that. They put the shock on the shock dyno just to be sure.

gcally

Greg Callahan #11
I was also freaked out when TTX GP did not have a max out adjustment. Just always set rebound and compression counting back from full in.

You can ask MRP but I think once you hit around 30 or so clicks the needle is full out and will not make any difference if you go further out.