Pirelli tires being sold at 2008 pricing

LMsports

wflores;35133 wrote: I was at JenningsGP mid Jan 09' and needed tires. Pirelli vendor was at the track and it cost me $423 for set of Diablo Supercorsa's 120/180. Big leap! Still a fan of Pirelli, but Dunlop's might be a good option if they are priced the same.
Well, all things the same, Pirelli tires are better anyway. But the trackday at Jennings was not a NESBA track day and the vendor was not a NESBA vendor. Your pricing at NESBA days and through NESBA vendors will be better.

We just ordered our second shipment of over 100 tires already this year!

celticninja

Buy Bridgestone

If they are so high buy Brigdestone BT-002, BT-016 for $239.00 a set or buy BT-003 for $300.00 plus, yes resession or depression.:agree:

HardenThicke

LMsports;36328 wrote: Well, all things the same, Pirelli tires are better anyway. But the trackday at Jennings was not a NESBA track day and the vendor was not a NESBA vendor. Your pricing at NESBA days and through NESBA vendors will be better.

We just ordered our second shipment of over 100 tires already this year!
Better than Dunlops? Maybe street tire wise but I'll take an N-tec over a Supercorsa any day of the week. Ask Jeff Wood, Ty Howard, Dustin Domiguez, Matt Hall, Tim Vosnick , Greg Anderson....The list goes on and on.

HardenThicke

celticninja;36686 wrote: If they are so high buy Brigdestone BT-002, BT-016 for $239.00 a set or buy BT-003 for $300.00 plus, yes resession or depression.:agree:
The 002 and 002 RS are both excellent for trackdays while the 003's are the best of the 3 and they are priced very well.

JRA

HardenThicke;36878 wrote: Better than Dunlops? Maybe street tire wise but I'll take an N-tec over a Supercorsa any day of the week. Ask Jeff Wood, Ty Howard, Dustin Domiguez, Matt Hall, Tim Vosnick , Greg Anderson....The list goes on and on.
All modern race tires are good. I think that it comes down to personal preference and the feel the rider likes. Saying you'll take a Dunlop tire over a Pirelli tire is like saying you'd take a GSXR over a Yamaha or vice-versa. Any of those guys you mentioned above could win on Pirelli, Michelin, or Bridgestone, and it can't be disputed that Pirelli has shown really well in AMA racing over the last few years. Besides, I think Rob's opinion as an accomplished racer is just a valid as yours, and his opinion comes with AMA Formula Extreme racing experience. It also doesn't hurt that he's a NEBSA Pirelli vendor who happens to offer the members great deals on great tires.

HardenThicke

JRA;36886 wrote: All modern race tires are good. I think that it comes down to personal preference and the feel the rider likes. Saying you'll take a Dunlop tire over a Pirelli tire is like saying you'd take a GSXR over a Yamaha or vice-versa. Any of those guys you mentioned above could win on Pirelli, Michelin, or Bridgestone, and it can't be disputed that Pirelli has shown really well in AMA racing over the last few years. Besides, I think Rob's opinion as an accomplished racer is just a valid as yours, and his opinion comes with AMA Formula Extreme racing experience. It also doesn't hurt that he's a NEBSA Pirelli vendor who happens to offer the members great deals on great tires.
I'm a Michelin man and hell yeah I'll take a GSXR over a Yamaha! I've just never had the best of luck on Pirelli's. The Dunlops are great tires but with the N-Tecs only coming in a 190 it makes them a far less desirable tire for a 600 to me. I agree that it's personal preference as once a tire bites someone in the butt they are prone to trying one of the other brands. If that said tires boosts their confidence then they will perform better on it. Biggest issues with Dunlops aside from the size are the price and terrible contingency. I'm not good with colors so Pirelli's always confuse me :rolleyes:

Blaise

celticninja;36686 wrote: If they are so high buy Brigdestone BT-002, BT-016 for $239.00 a set or buy BT-003 for $300.00 plus, yes resession or depression.:agree:
Sounds great to me. Where did you find this pricing?

LMsports

I know that we sell BT002 and BT016 for cheap, but we don't carry the 003.

And to fix the list of riders above...Matt Hall is on Pirelli for 09!

Dave_636

This thread is also three months old, doubt he is still offering 2008 pricing.

From what I have heard from NESBA and others 2009 pricing for Diablo SC is $423 for a 120/180 set and NO ONE is allowed to sell below MSRP.

Last I heard from Moon NESBA was reviewing their relationship with Pirelli since the cost is now sky high for their product.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
If that's the case, i'll be the back marker of the A group. Because my tires are going to be all the way down to the cords.

Rick Johnson

That's why I'll be running Bridgestones this year.I'll be going thru about 16 sets this year
and I'm not paying $400 plus a set.I like Pirelli's but not for that much.

stow

Rick Johnson;42315 wrote: That's why I'll be running Bridgestones this year.I'll be going thru about 16 sets this year
and I'm not paying $400 plus a set.I like Pirelli's but not for that much.
Same here.